Are you an academic superstar?
CCNY has many options for you, including the Macaulay Honors College and the CCNY Honors Program. High achieving students interested in any discipline have the opportunity to participate in dynamic programs that offer opportunities for scholarly and scientific research as well as interdisciplinary study.
The Macaulay Honors College at City College accepts graduating high school seniors with outstanding academic records. Students accepted to the Honors College at City College receive:
- Full tuition for four years;
- Special interdisciplinary seminars using NYC as resource and text;
- A "cultural passport" providing entrée to the riches of New York City, including concerts, theater, art, science and history museums and galleries - keyed to an enhanced curriculum built around these experiences;
- Small, collaborative-learning classes designed for honors students and taught by outstanding faculty;
- Internships and undergraduate research opportunities and mentoring in the arts, sciences, business and government that will prepare you for the best graduate schools in the nation, and for top careers;
- Academic expense accounts to use for educationally enriching experiences such as study abroad;
- A lap-top computer.
The City College Honors Program offers selected entering students in all disciplines a particularly challenging academic program in small classes designed and taught by outstanding faculty. The centerpiece of the program is the required Honors Liberal Arts Core, an enhanced and enriched curriculum that includes interdisciplinary courses in the humanities, sciences and social sciences that will give you an excellent academic base regardless of your eventual specialization. Most students entering the CCNY Honors Program receive scholarship awards in varying amounts to be used to assist with education costs.