Total Credits: 32
GRE Required: No
Minimum TOEFL/IELTS Scores: 575 (PBT), 90-91 (IBT) or 6.5
Concentrations: Composition, Musicology, or Performance
Degree Awarded: M.A.
At least twenty-four credits in the field of music, including harmony and music history. The candidate must also be able to demonstrate (1) performing competence as an instrumentalist or vocalist, or the equivalent in composition or conducting; and (2) practical proficiency on the piano. Where there are deficiencies in background such as to impede the ability of the student to profit from graduate work, the Graduate Committee will require additional courses to be taken without credit for the removal of such deficiencies. Applicants may be required to appear for an audition.
Supporting Documents Required:
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Personal Statement
- Composition applicants must submit a portfolio of compositions
- Musicology applicants must submit AT LEAST one (1) writing sample
- Performance applicants may be required to appear for an audition
Program Advisor: Prof. Chadwick Jenkins
For more information, please visit the Program Website.