Black Male Initiative
Who can join the RAP-SI community?RAP-SI is a program for CCNY students, freshmen (in FIQWS), sophomores, juniors with a desire for educational success.
Seniors are welcome to join as peer mentors as well to help be better prepared for post B.A. career and life.What is RAP-SI?
RAP-SI (Retention, Achievement, Professionalism Success Institute) is a CCNY mentoring program. RAP-SI is a project of CUNY BMI (Black Male Initiative). Our mission is to increase, encourage, and support the retention and educational success of black males and under-represented groups in higher education, through:
- A structured Mentor / Mentee program
- An ongoing Speaker / Workshop series aimed at discussing the challenges unique to under-represented groups
- RAP-Online: An e-mentoring program
- A RAP-SI textbook lending library
- Encouraging students to enroll in service learning courses developed in conjunction with the Black Studies Program