The CUNYfirst (fully integrated resources and service tool) project is a suite of software that will replace aging systems overseeing Student Administration, Finance and Human Resources that have served City College and CUNY for over a generation.
Implementation Has Been Taking Place in Phases Since 2008
Implementation has begun at the CUNY campuses designated for testing the systems, and portions of the software have already been implemented at CCNY. Over the next two years additional components will be added as part of a planned phase- in.
As a general matter the timing is as follows:
- 2011: Begin conversion of existing student records
- 2013: Admissions implementation - Summer 2013
- 2013: Student Records (Campus Solutions) and Financial Aid modules go live at CCNY Spring 2014
What it will Mean When the System is Fully Operational
- A student adds a class online; within 24 hours, she receives clear and comprehensible notification of any effects these changes might have on her financial aid.
- An employee coming to work at CCNY from another CUNY school will on arrival at her new job find her up-to-date employment profile on file. She will receive her correct pay on time, with all changes noted. New employees will only have to enter personal information once, and the system will process all of their benefits and other forms.
- A student will be able to register for a class at another CUNY school with ease. Every student will have one identity CUNY-wide.
- Paperless transactions for personnel, purchasing and other administrative tasks will reduce delays and ensure accountability
About the CCNY CUNYfirst Coordinating Team
The team comprises representatives from the following offices: President, Provost/Enrollment Management, HR, IT, Finance and Communications and meets monthly.
CCNY CUNYfirst Campus Executives
- Praveen Panchal, VP of IT and CIO, x7775 or email@example.com
- Celia Lloyd, AVP for Enrollment Management, x7859 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: If you are a staff member in the Enrollment Management, HR or Finance areas and have a question about CUNYfirst we suggest you first check with your supervisor.
Go to Website >>
CUNYfirst news and information will be added as available to this website so please check back again.