School of Education
School of Education
- edTPA Information: resources about the New Teacher Certification.
- Office of Admissions & Student Services
- Office of Clinical Practice, Fieldwork, and Student Teaching: Visit this website to learn about the
policies regarding fieldwork and student teaching.
- Certification: This
website provides information regarding New York State teacher
- Learning and Technology Resource Center:
The Learning & Technology Resource Center (LTRC) is located in NAC
3/226. The Center plays an important role in preparing our teacher
candidates with the skills and competencies to use technology in
classroom settings. It also provides information and preparation for
taking New York State teacher certification exams.
- Multimedia Center:
The Multimedia Center consists of two adjacent rooms located in the
North Academic Center (NAC) Room 4/221 and Room 4/216. One room is
equipped with Dell computers, one with Macintosh. This center is an
instructional computer lab as well as an open lab for School of
Education students with focus on multimedia. We offer workshops
for faculty, staff, and students, e.g. video component for edTPA, use
of Smartboards and recording devices, creating and editing videos, and
use of other relevant software packages and technologies for Education.
- The Dr. Charlotte K. Frank Center for Mathematics Education - Promoting Excellence in Mathematics Education and Professional Development: The Dr. Charlotte K. Frank Center for Mathematics Education is devoted to professional development in mathematics and mathematics education. The Center is located on the campus of the City College of New York, in Room 3/218 of the North Academic Center . The Center is an educational partnership supported by the New York City Department of Education, the School of Education of the City College of New York, and a generous gift, donated by Dr. Charlotte K. Frank, who has been a prime supporter of the Teachers Network, and presently serves as Vice President of Research and Development for McGraw-Hill Education, a division of The McGraw-Hill Companies.
- Course Bulletin (including Course Descriptions)
- CCNY Libraries: The City College Libraries offer a wide range of services, programs and access to information that enables our community of students, faculty and staff to perform at top level. The qualified library faculty and staff members have the experience to direct you to the correct resources and library aids.
Individual consultation on research and library issues is available during the School of Education Library Hour with Professor Gill (time and location are posted in the blog). Outside of individual consultation times, you could post your questions and receive responses in the blog, which has additional resources: http://soelibraryhour.wordpress.com/
- The CCNY Writing Center: This center offers one-on-one assistance for students working on writing assignments and projects from across the disciplines.
- Policy on Academic Integrity (Plagiarism)
- Sexual Harassment Policy
- Wingate Fitness Center is located on the 3rd floor of Wingate Hall and features nautilus and cardiovascular equipment, Olympic free weights, and an indoor track. The fitness center is open to all members of the City College community.
- On Campus Housing - The Towers