The application process is completed online. Register to take required exams at the website for New York State Teacher Certification Exams (NYSTCE).
GRADUATE APPLICATION PROCESS
Graduate Application Advisor: Prof. Betsy Rorschach (NAC 5/207C)
REQUIRED GRADUATE APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended (showing a minimum of 24 credits in English literature with a minimum overall GPA of 3.0 and a minimum GPA in English of 3.0).
- Proof of any existing teaching license.
- A personal statement about English teaching and how that personal view motivates you to teach English in secondary level schools.
- Three Letters of Recommendation.
UNDERGRADUATE APPLICATION PROCESS
Undergraduate Application Advisor: Prof. Andrew Ratner (NAC 5/208C)
- A personal statement about English teaching and how that personal view motivates you to be an English teacher in secondary level schools.
- Two Letters of Recommendation.
- Photocopy of Core Evaluation.
- Photocopy of Major Evaluation.
- Official transcripts from every post-secondary institution attended.
Only undergraduate applicants who meet the following minimum entrance requirements will be considered.
- Minimum overall GPA of 2.75.
- Minimum GPA in English of 3.0.
- Completion of a minimum of 18 credits in the English major.