Procedures: How to Access the Multimedia Center Resources
Simply come to the Multimedia Center during open lab hours (posted on the door and on this site), fill out the attendance sheet and enjoy your work time. Sometimes class sessions are scheduled in the Multimedia Center where you cannot use the lab.
If you are a current student of the School of Education, with a valid student ID, you can borrow digital cameras and camcorders as well as tripods for three days to document your teaching and learning on and off campus. Recently we added iPods and iPads to our inventory which you can borrow. Priority will be given to students in research courses that require taped interviews and students who need devices to record their student teaching.
These are the steps to borrow equipment:
- Reserve at least a week in advance what you would like to borrow after checking the schedule on this site.
- Print the appropriate form.
- That form will have to be signed by your professor for which course you are using the equipment.
- After submitting your reservation, you will receive an email either confirming the reservation or explaining the availability.
- With the above email confirmation, the signed form by the professor, and your valid CCNY ID, you can pick up the equipment from room 4/221.
- Return the equipment to room 4/221 at the agreed return date and time.
If you would like to bring your class to the Multimedia Center for a technology enhanced session you need to reserve the room (PC or MAC) at least a week in advance. Please check the availability in the schedule before you submit your reservation. After submitting your request you will receive a confirmation email. The following is available in the two computer rooms: click here for hardware, and here for software.
There are three levels of support you can request from the Multimedia Center:
- Instructor: Doris Grasserbauer, Director of the Multimedia Center, could conduct a technology workshop during your class session. If a workshop is not listed, please talk to Ms. Grasserbauer about the desired topic.
- Assistant in class: the student assistant on duty will be with you and your class during the session.
- Assistant on call: the student assistant on duty will be available next door should there are problems.
- No support: you do not expect that you will need any assisants during the planned session.
Equipment for the classroom or conferences:
The Multimedia Center has LCD projectors, lapotps, digital cameras, camcorders, wireless slates, and other equipment available to bring to classrooms or conferences. You need to reserve the equipment at least a week in advance. Please check the availability in the schedule before you submit your reservation. After submitting your request you will receive a confirmation email.
Change of Reservations:
If you need to make changes to the date or time of resources you already reserved, please send an email to Doris Grasserbauer to change the date or time. If you need additional resources, please fill out the appropriate online reservation form.
Infusing technology in your course:
You are always welcome to discuss your instructional technology initiatives with Doris Grasserbauer.