City College will close today, January 26, 2015, at 3 p.m. due to inclement weather. Only essential personnel are expected to report to or remain at work for regular business hours. The college is closed Tuesday, January 27, 2015. Only essential personnel report to work.
City College Campaign Tops $500 Million
A year ahead of its target date, The Campaign for The City College of New York has raised more than half a billion dollars, President Lisa S. Coico announced Tuesday night.
“We could not have exceeded our campaign goal without the generous support of our donors who have invested in and supported our mission,” President Coico told guests at the 2014 Presidential Awards Dinner at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in Manhattan.
The dinner itself raised more than a million dollars for the ongoing campaign that has provided funding for various programs, resources and schools including:
• The Andrew S. Grove School of Engineering;
• The Bernard and Anne Spitzer School of Architecture;
• Establishing the Colin Powell School for Civic and Global Leadership;
• Recruitment and retention of outstanding faculty and visiting scholars;
• Student scholarships, internships, study abroad programs and
• And enhancement of campus facilities.
The honorees at the gala, which recognizes some of City College’s most steadfast supporters in various endeavors, were:
• AECOM, the engineering design firm ranked number one in the nation by
• E. James Stergiou, ’71, co-founder, chairman and CEO of SG Risk, an
actuarial consulting firm;
• Rick Gustave, ’06, MD, MPH, recipient of the Young Leadership Award.
About The City College of New York
Since 1847, The City College of New York has provided low-cost, high-quality education for New Yorkers in a wide variety of disciplines. More than 16,000 students pursue undergraduate and graduate degrees in: the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences; the Bernard and Anne Spitzer School of Architecture; the School of Education; the Grove School of Engineering; the Sophie Davis School of Biomedical Education, and the Colin Powell School for Civic and Global Leadership. U.S. News, Princeton Review and Forbes all rank City College among the best colleges and universities in the United States.