Questions? Check here first!
EXAMSDoes the Physics Department sell old exams?
The Physics Department's old final exams are available free on the Physics website.
When are exemption/makeup exams?
Exemption/makeup exams are always offered during "club hours" on the first Thursday in March and in October. To qualify for the make-up exam, please:
- see a member of the Physics Department office staff in MR419,
- complete the application form and
- obtain appropriate signatures,
- pay the $25 fee at the Bursar, and
- bring the application form, the Bursar's receipt and your CCNY ID to MR419.
- Come to the make-up final on the date specified on your form
LABSWhen do labs start?
Introductory physics labs will start in early in the semester, but there are no labs during the first week of classes. Each lab section's lab schedule is posted in the bulletin board between MR407 and MR409, in MR419, and online.
How do I get a lab manual?
The Introductory Physics Lab Manual for Physics 20300, 20400, 20700, and 20800 is now available free online.
- Print the lab that you will need before you attend the lab.
- Print any graph paper that you will need before you attend the lab.
- Watch the lab video before you attend the lab.
- Arrive on time with everything that you will need.
No. The Physics Department does not allow you to apply the labs you took from a previous semester when you take the course again. When you take the course again, you must repeat all the labs. If you have any questions about this, please see Prof. Tu in MR330.
I have to make up a lab from last semester—how do I do this?
See Mr. Claude Telesford in MR428.
TUTORINGWhen does Physics tutoring start?
Physics tutoring is scheduled to begin during the first or second week of the semester. For Science Division tutoring (math and physics) announcements and schedules will be available from Dr. Roth's office, x5780. For Physics Department tutoring, please check online.
I want to tutor this semester. Whom do I see?
See the tutor coordinator in Dr. Roth's office on level 1 of the Marshak Science Building.
TEXT BOOKSWhat textbooks are required for my course?
See the list posted online. Note that Physics 20300, 20400, 20700, 20800 and 37100 have lab manuals online. Your professor might require additional material.
OFFICE HOURSWhen are my professor's office hours?
Your professor's office hours will be posted online and in your course syllabus. Summer session faculty do not have office hours; please contact your professor before or after class to arrange an appointment.