Date: June 19, 2013
Position Title: Budget and Finance Coordinator
Reports to: Director
What We Do
For CCNY students, we offer generous scholarships, leadership development training, and opportunities for public service and public policy research. We also encourage faculty to teach service-learning courses and to engage in community-based research, in order to help build the capacity of nonprofit organizations and government agency partners. The Center also sponsors numerous conferences, symposia, and workshops annually to elevate policy conversations and advance innovative solutions to complex public problems.
- Prepare authorizations for payments
- Process payroll
- Reconciliation financial report and statements, and other tasks as needed for month-end close
- Backup for Director, Development and Administrative Officers on preparation of financial reports
- Monitor grant spending and work with program directors as needed on spending funds
- Prepare financial reports for grants
- Draft budgets for and oversee financial section of grant proposals and annual reports
- Assist with the update, development and tracking of financial policies and procedures
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong orientation for detail, organization and follow through
- Familiarity with donor databases, knowledge of Raiser’s Edge a plus
- Excellent analytical skills
- Solid understanding of nonprofit and fund accounting
- Ability to prepare and analyze nonprofit financial statements
- Intermediate to advanced level skills in QuickBooks Pro or similar
- Intermediate level experience with MSOffice Word, Outlook and Excel
- Ability to work comfortably in teams
Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Accounting; Master’s degree preferred
Salary will be commensurate with experience. The Powell School also offers a generous benefits package.
Please email your materials firstname.lastname@example.org. Clearly indicate the title of position for which you are applying in the subject line.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.