Grove School of EngineeringDepartment
Steinman Hall ST - 219
p: (212) 650-5214
f: (212) 650-8013
Ph.D. (M.E.), 1982, University of Manitoba M. Tech., 1975, University of Manitoba B.E., 1973, Poona University
Nonlinear vibroimpact systems Vibration control using impact dampers Monitoring of mechanical systems using vibrations chaotic motion
Prof. Bapat's research has involved collaborations with other investigators from the University of Manitoba, Concordia University and Stevens Institute. He has investigated nonlinear vibrating systems with collisions with rigid and elastic members. He has developed exact closed form solutions for systems governed by 2-D wave equation and transverse vibration of beams. He has extensively studied impact dampers, impact pairs and impact oscillator.
- C. N. Bapat, N. Popplewell and K. McLachlan, Stable periodic vibroimpacts of an oscillator, Journal of Sound and Vibration, 87, 41-59 (1983).
- C. N. Bapat and C. Bapat, Natural frequencies of a beam with non-classical boundary conditions and concentrated masses, Journal of Sound and Vibration, 112, 177-182, l987.
- C. N. Bapat and S. Sankar, Repeated impacts on a sinusoidally vibrating table reappraised., Journal of Sound and Vibration, 108, 99-115, l986.
- C. N. Bapat and N. Bhutani, General approach for free and forced vibrations of stepped systems governed by one- dimensional wave equation with nonclassical boundary condition, Journal of Sound and Vibrations, 172, 1-22, 1994.
- C. N. Bapat, Periodic motions of an impact oscillator, Journal of Sound and Vibration, 209, 43-60, 1998.