Grove School of EngineeringDepartment
Steinman Hall T - 534
p: (212) 650-7268
f: (212) 650-8249
Dr. Jizhong Xiao joined the EE Dept. of the City College of New York (CCNY) in 2002 and currently is an associate professor and a doctoral faculty member of Ph.D. programs in Engineering and Computer Sciences at the Graduate Center of the City University of New York (CUNY Graduate Center). Dr. Xiao started the robotics research program at CUNY City College and is the founding director of CCNY Robotics Lab (website: http://robotics.ccny.cuny.edu ) and the Center for Perceptual Robotics, Intelligent Sensors and Machines (PRISM Center).
Ph.D., Electrical and Computer Engineering, Michigan State University, 2002.
M.Eng., Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, 1999.
B.S. and M.S., East China Institute of Technology, Nanjing, P. R. China, 1990, and 1993.
Linear Systems I (EE205)
Senior Design I & II (EE598.66, 598.67, Robotics and Embedded Systems Track)
Introduction to Robotics (I5501)
Advanced Mobile Robots (I7501)
Linear Systems I (EE205)
Professor Xiao's research interests include robotics and control, Cyber-physical Systems, real-time and embedded computing, assistive technology, computer vision, and intelligent systems. He is a recipient of National Science Foundation (NSF) CAREER award in 2007. He has published over 100 technical papers in the related fields. Dr. Xiao has served the robotics community in various roles of many robotics conferences, and served as guest editor and reviewer for major robotics journals and conferences. He is a senior member of IEEE.
1. Peter Brass, Flavio Cabrea-Mora, Andrea Gasparri, Jizhong Xiao, “Multi-Robot Tree and Graph Exploration”, IEEE Transactions on Robotics, DOI: 10.1109/TRO.2011.2121170 to appear.
2. Ronggang Yue, Jizhong Xiao, Shaoping Wang, and Samleo Joseph, “3D Path Planning of a Climbing Robot Using Mixed Integer Linear Programming”, Advanced Robotics, Vol. 24, pp2087-2118, Dec. 2010.
3. Rex Wong, Jizhong Xiao, Samleo Joseph, “A Robust Data Association for Simultaneous Localization and Mapping in Dynamic Environments”, INFORMATION, pp1869- 1883, Vol.13, No. 6, Nov. 2010.
4. Xiaohai Li and Jizhong Xiao, "Swarming in Homogeneous Environments: A Social Interaction Based Theoretical Framework", Journal of Theoretical Biology, Vol. 264, Issue 3, pages 747-759, June 2010.
5. Ronggang Yue, Jizhong Xiao, Kai Li, Jun Du and Shaoping Wang, “Design and Performance Analysis of Retractable-claw Wheels for Field Robots”, International Journal of Robotics and Automation, Vol. 25, No. 3, pp250~258, 2010.
6. Yi Sun, Jizhong Xiao, Flavio Cabrera-Mora, “Robotic Localization and Power-Efficient Wireless Networking by Using Multiple Antennas”, Special issue on robotics, Journal of Sandong Univeristy (Engineering Science), Vol. 40, No. 4, pp29~35, Aug. 2010.
7. Xiaohai Li and Jizhong Xiao, “A Biologically Inspired Controller for Swarms in Dynamic Environments”, Special Issue on Swarm Robotics, International Journal of Intelligent Control and Systems, pp 154-162, Vol. 11, No. 3, Sept. 2006.
8. Xiaohai Li and Jizhong Xiao, “Robot Formation Control in Leader-Follower Motion Using Direct Lyapunov Method”, International Journal of Intelligent Control and Systems, pp244-250, Vol. 10, No. 3, Sept., 2005.
9. Jizhong Xiao, Jun Xiao, Ning Xi, Hans Dulimarta, R. L. Tummala, Mark Minor, R. Mukherjee, “Modeling, Control, and Motion Planning of a Climbing Micro-robot”, Journal of Integrated Computer-aided Engineering, pp 289-307, Vol. 11, No. 4, 2004.
10. Jun Xiao, Jizhong Xiao, Ning Xi, R. Lal Tummala, Ranjan Mukherjee, “Fuzzy Controller for Wall-climbing Micro-robots”, IEEE Transaction on Fuzzy Systems, pp 466-480, Vol. 12, No. 4, Aug., 2004.
11. Jizhong Xiao, Jun Xiao, Ning Xi, “Intelligent Control of a Miniature Climbing Robot”, Journal of Advanced Computational Intelligence and Intelligent Informatics, pp 260-268, Vol. 8, No. 3, 2004.
12. R.L. Tummala , R. Mukherjee, Ning Xi, D. Aslam, H. Dulimarta, Jizhong Xiao, M. Minor, G. Dangi, “Climbing the Walls”, IEEE Robotics and Automation Magazine, Vol. 9, No. 4, pp10-19, Dec. 2002.
13. Qing Song, Jizhong Xiao, “Design of a robust adaptive neural tracking controller”, Journal of Intelligent and Robotics Systems, 27 (4), pp 363-377, Apr. 2000.
14. Qing Song, Jizhong Xiao, Yeng Chai Soh, “Robust Back propagation Training Algorithm for Multi-layered Neural Tracking Controller”, IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, Vol. 10, No. 5, pp 1133-1141, 1999.
15. Qing Song, Jizhong Xiao, Yeng Chai Soh, “On the Convergence Performance of Multilayered Neural Network Tracking Controller”, Neural, Parallel & Scientific Computations, Vol. 5, No. 4, pp459-468, 1997.
16. Jizhong Xiao, Yalou Huang, Xiangqiu Zeng, Guizhang Lu, “A New Approach to the Adaptive Force Control of Industrial Robot”, Robot, A Journal of Chinese Association of Automation, Vol. 18, No. 4, pp193-200, 1996.