Grove School of EngineeringDepartment
Steinman Hall ST - 152
f: (212) 650-8013
Ph.D., 1981, The City University of New York M.E., 1978, The City College of New York B.E., 1977, The City College of New York
Low Reynolds number hydrodynamics Interfacial phenomena Cooling of electronic equipment and nucleate boiling heat transfer.
Professor Dagan has developed a semi-analytical approach to describe the axisymmetric Stokes motion of spherical particles and bubbles towards an orifice. He has also investigated the influence of surfactants of low solubility on the motion of fluid particles and interfaces, and the thermocapillary-driven migration of drops and bubbles. His work in microelectronic heat transfer has focused on the experimental study of Fluorinert multijet impingement cooling of arrays of microelectronic chips. More recently he has been working on the development of a theoretical understanding of nucleate boiling by examining the heat transfer to bubbles growing on a liquid-solid interface. Professor Dagan was the director of the National Science Foundation sponsored ECSEL coalition at The City College.
- Dagan, Z. and Pismen, L.M., "Marangoni Waves Induced by a Multistable Chemical Reaction on Thin Liquid Films," J. Colloid & Interface Sci., 99, 215-225,1984.
- Dagan, Z., Yan, Z. Y. and Shan, H., "The Axisymmetric Rise of a Spherical Bubble from an Orifice in the Presence of a Stagnant Cap of Surfactants," J. Fluid Mech., 190, 299-319, 1988.
- Wang, X.S., Dagan, Z. and Jiji, L.M., "Conjugate Heat Transfer Between a Laminar Impinging Jet and a Solid Disk," Intl. J. Heat & Mass Transfer, 32, No. 11, 2189-2197, 1989.
- He, Z., Dagan, Z. and Maldarelli, C., "The Influence of Surfactant on a Droplet Motion Inside a Cylindrical Tube," J. Fluid Mech., 222, 1-32, 1991.
- Chen, J., Dagan, Z. and Maldarelli, C., "The Axisymmetric Thermocapillary Motion of a Fluid Particle in a Tube," J. Fluid Mech. 233, 405-437.,1991.
- Huang, L. and Dagan, Z., "Heat Transfer to a Bubble Suspended in a Liquid Layer Near a Solid Plate," 33rd Heat Transfer & Fluid Mech. Institute Proceedings, 211- 234, 1993. Huang, L., Dagan, Z. and Rumschitzki, D., "Heat Transfer to a Bubble Attached to a Solid Plate," Boundary Elements XVII, 287-295, 1995