Student Health Services is a campus resource and service center for all students at City College. Our goal is to help you get the care you need and empower you to make informed decisions about your health.
Clinical services provided by a full-time Registered Nurse and part-time Medical Provider (not available during the summer semester) are free and confidential to all currently enrolled CCNY students.
Medical Services Include:
- MMR Immunizations for students who do not have health insurance.
- Vision Screenings (does not include eye wear prescriptions).
- Over-the-Counter Medications/Prescriptions for the treatment/management of common ailments such as colds, screen for strep throat, asthma, hypertension, and wound care.
- Tuberculosis screening for School of Education students as required for fieldwork.
- GYN services/contraception education (provided by Medical Provider).
- Pregnancy testing and counseling.
- Laboratory testing for STDs (Health insurance is charged or you can pay out of pocket at reduced rates).
- Referrals for other services/specialties.
Visit the Registered Nurse to review a variety of ways to keep healthy. Brochures are available regarding nutrition, diabetes, alcohol prevention, sexually transmitted diseases and other health related information.
Not feeling well? Over-the-counter medication is available for self-administration, on a limited basis, pending assessment by the Student Health Services nurse.