- School of Education Resources: School of Education Resources: Course Bulletin, Courses, CCNY Libraries, Writing Center, Policy on Academic Integrity, Sexual Harassment Policy, Fitness Center, edTPA Information, Admissions & Student Services, Clinical Practice (Fieldwork & Student Teaching), Certification, Learning & Technology Resource Center, Multimedia Center, etc.
Special Education Resources
The Special Education Program will be conducting workshops to prepare you for the upcoming edTPA requirement for New York State Teacher Certification. The workshops are geared toward candidates who (a) will be student-teaching Spring '14 or Fall '14, (b) do not possess initial certification, (c) do not hold a Transitional B certificate, or (d) hold a Transitional B certificate, but will not have completed all certification requirements by April 30, 2014 -see your advisor about this distinction. The workshops will be highly informative and each will build upon the previous sessions.
The following are the workshop dates:
December 7th, 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
February 1st, 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
March 15th, 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Location: NAC 4/220B
Please RSVP your attendance by e-mailing email@example.com
In the event that you cannot attend these workshops the following links will take you to the digital recording of previous workshops:
- PowerPoint for the workshop
- SPED edTPA Workshop 1: Part 1
- SPED edTPA Workshop 1: Part 2
- SPED edTPA Workshop 1: Part 3
- SPED edTPA Workshop 2: Part 1
- SPED edTPA Workshop 2: Part 2
- COUNCIL FOR EXCEPTIONAL CHILDREN
The Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) is the largest international professional organization dedicated to improving educational outcomes for individuals with exceptionalities, students with disabilities, and/or the gifted. CEC advocates for appropriate governmental policies, sets professional standards, provides continual professional development, advocates for newly and historically underserved individuals with exceptionalities, and helps professionals obtain conditions and resources necessary for effective professional practice.
- ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGY ACT 1998
- DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
- LD ONLINE
- NATIONAL EDUCATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF DISABLED STUDENTS
The National Educational Association of Disabled Students is a consumer organization, with a mandate to encourage the self-empowerment of post-secondary students with disabilities. NEADS advocates for increased accessibility at all levels so that disabled students may gain equal access to college or university education, which is their right. The Association provides information on services and programs for students with disabilities nationwide, publishes a regular newsletter, and conducts research on issues of importance to its members. Members include students with exceptionalities/disabilities, educators, organizations and professional service providers.