Social Studies Education
The Secondary Social Studies Program was reregistered in Spring, 2001 by the State of New York, Department of Education in Albany and reflects adherence to New York State Standards. Currently, there is no middle school designation on the re-registration course of study, however there are plans to implement a middle school designation in the future.
There are five strands within the mission statement that permeate the curriculum and pedagogy of the program. They are:
- Educating for and about diversity
- Developing in-depth knowledge about the world
- Becoming skillful, reflective practitioners
- Promoting leadership for learning
- Building caring communities