STEM Career Development Institute
One of the most important processes a person needs to be more than competent at the job search. To be successful requires mastery of a collection of particular skills. STEM-CDI offers a series of workshops that will allow you to develop these skills and become comfortable with the process. This series will include:
- STEM Specific Resume and Cover Letters: Yes there is a difference. We will work with you one-on-one to improve your resume.
- Interview Skills: The interview can be the most intimidating part of the job search. In addition to a workshop each participant will sit a mandatory mock interview. These interviews will be filmed and then reviewed one-on-one so that you can see what the interviewer sees. We will also offer mock medical school interviews for participants who need them.
- Dressing for Success: Right or wrong, people do judge a book by its cover. Fashion industry professionals will work with you to develop a fashion plan for your job search.
- Job Search Management: Think of your job search as one of the most important projects you will undertake. HR professionals and peer mentors will give pointers and discuss possible pitfalls.
- Business Communication: Appropriate professional communication is the foundation of a great career. This workshop covers everything from your interview, to working with colleagues to negotiating you next job.