ACE at The City College of New York (CCNY) is a comprehensive program designed to help students complete their bachelor’s degree on time. Modeled on CUNY’s Accelerated Study in Associate Programs (ASAP), ACE provides financial, academic, and personal support, including intensive academic advisement and career development, as well as tuition, textbook, and transportation assistance.
Think of the CCNY ACE team as trusted guides to help you stay on track and graduate on time.
How Do I Join?
- To get started, read more about CCNY requirements and eligible majors.
- Complete our ACE Program Interest Form
Spaces for the fall semester are limited and filling quickly! Students are being accepted into the program on a rolling basis until the Fall 2023 cohort of 150 students has been filled.
What Makes ACE Unique?
We are committed to your academic success and making college more affordable!
As a CCNY ACE student, you'll receive:
- A dedicated ACE advisor to guide your progress from entry to graduation
- Enhanced career development and academic support services
- Early course registration options
- A tuition gap waiver (for students in receipt of financial aid)
- Free Unlimited MetroCard
- Textbook assistance to reduce (or eliminate) the cost of textbooks
- Opportunities for Winter/Summer Course Scholarships
Am I Eligible?
You may be eligible for CCNY ACE if you answer YES to ALL the following questions:
- Have you applied and been accepted to CCNY?
- Do you have an Associate Degree?
- Have you completed no more than 80 credits?
- Are you a New York State resident and/or eligible for in-state tuition?
- Have you declared a CCNY ACE-eligible major (see below)?
- Have you completed the FAFSA and the New York State TAP application?
- Students not receiving financial aid due to immigration status may join but not receive a tuition scholarship
- Students under the New York Dream Act may be eligible to receive state aid, including TAP, Excelsior, and other state-administered scholarships. Visit NY Dream Act for eligibility and to apply.
Note: Students cannot be in CCNY ACE and SEEK. Transfer students confirmed to participate in SEEK are not eligible to apply to ACE.
ACE Eligible Majors
|Area Studies: Asian-Latin American and Latino B.A.||Eligible|
|Area Studies: Black-Puerto Rican-Jewish B.A.||Eligible|
|Biochemistry B.S.||BIO 10100, BIO 10200, CHEM 10301, CHEM 10401, CHEM 26100, CHEM 26200, MATH 19000, MATH 19500, MATH 20100, MATH 21200, MATH 21300, PHY 20700, PHY 20800|
|Biology B.S.||BIO 10100, BIO 10200, CHEM 10301, CHEM 10401, MATH 20500 or MATH 20100. BMCC Science A.S. STEM Concentration only.|
|Chemistry B.S.||BIO 10100, BIO 10200, CHEM 10301, CHEM 10401, CHEM 26100, CHEM 26200, MATH 19000, MATH 19500, MATH 20100, MATH 21200, MATH 21300, PHY 20700, PHY 20800|
|Early Childhood Education B.S.||Must earn a grade of B or higher in EDCE 20604, SOC 38144, and MAT 18004 in the first semester if not previously completed. Must pass S.E.A.T. exam in first semester. Maintaining a CCNY GPA of 2.8 required. This degree leads to initial certification in Early Childhood Education, Birth-2nd grade.|
|Interdisciplinary Arts and Sciences B.A.||Eligible (Fully online option available)|
|International Studies B.A.||Eligible|
|Management & Administration B.A.||Eligible|
|Political Science B.A.||Eligible|
|Romance Languages (French, Italian, Spanish) B.A.||Eligible|
What do I need to do?
- Maintain full-time status (12 Credits or more)
- Meet regularly with your ACE academic advisor and attend any required ACE activities
- Participate in career development opportunities each academic year
- Commit to graduating within two years and adhere to course schedules and degree maps outlined by your advisor
- Re-apply for financial aid each year (FAFSA and TAP), and accept any federal and state grant aid awarded (Pell, SEOG, TAP)*
*Reminder: Students under the New York Dream Act may be eligible to receive state aid, including TAP, Excelsior, and other state-administered scholarships. Visit the DREAM Act Website for eligibility and to apply.
ACE in 3: Learn About CUNY ACE in under 3 min
Financial Aid 101: Don’t Forget to Apply for TAP
Accelerate. Complete. Engage (ACE)
Located in the Student Academic Success Hub, (The Hub)
NAC Building, Room 1/219
The City College of New York