Fall Application Deadline: Jan 15
Our program is a historic program, as it is the second PA program in the country and the first PA program in a public university. Its mission is to serve the underserved and our students come from underserved communities and are under-represented in our profession and most upon graduating return to those underserved communities to work in primary care.
Empowering Future Physician Assistants for Underserved Communities: only here at ccny
Clinical rotations in different hospitals and health centers citywide
Of alumni currently working in primary care for underserved communities
PA program in a public university
PA programs in the nation. Nominated as one of the top PA programs by US News.
Many are offered employment during their clinical rotations, the majority work in primary care upon graduation. Most students pass the boards and are licensed in their state to practice as PAs.
The faculty of M.S in PA program includes one MD, four PAs and one PhD. with expertise in areas such as emergency medicine, woman's health, pediatric adolescent medicine. Our staff includes three academic coordinators, two clinical coordinators and one research and assessment coordinator.
We offer medical Spanish as part of our curriculum. Our clinical sites are in the five boroughs of NY and most of our students are multi-lingual and multi-cultural, representing many different countries.
Degree Offered: Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies
The Physician Assistant Program is 28 months in length, starting in August and ending approximately 2 ½ years later in December.
Applicants will submit applications through the Centralized Application Service for Physician Assistants (CASPA). CASPA collects all elements of the application, and verifies the validity of each transcript, and then forwards completed applications to the program.
International students whose native language is not English must take the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) Examination. A minimum score of 550 (or 75 Internet Based Testing) must be achieved. Or IELST 6.5 score required.
The CSOM CASPA application will open on July 1st, 2023. Deadline for applications is January 15th, 2024. Applications must be complete and verified by CASPA by January 15th, 2024. Applications must be verified by 11:59 PM ET on the deadline date. Applications can only be verified once all payments, transcripts, and letters of evaluation have been received. To ensure your application is verified on time, try to complete your application at least four weeks before the deadline.
Prerequisite requirements will include a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution including the following prerequisite courses:
- Biology I & II with laboratory 8 credits
- Chemistry I & II with laboratory 8 credits
- Microbiology with Laboratory 3 credits
- Statistics (Any three credit statistic course will suffice) 3 credits
Two of the following courses:
- Cell & Molecular Biology 3 credits
- Genetics 3 credits
- Mammalian Physiology 3 credits
- Anatomy & Physiology I & II with laboratory (count as one course) 8 credits
- Biochemistry 3 credits
- A CASPA cumulative undergraduate total GPA of 3.0 or above as well as a cumulative CUNY School of Medicine Physician Assistant Program prerequisite GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Personal Statement.
- CASPA Program Questions-Essay
* It is MANDATORY that the following pre-requisite courses be completed no more than seven years prior to the date of application:
- Microbiology with Laboratory
Two of the following courses:
- Cell & Molecular Biology
- Mammalian Physiology
- Anatomy & Physiology I and II with laboratory
* The program will accept 1 year of sequential Organic Chemistry I & II with labs (8 credits) as a substitute for Chemistry I & II with lab requirement.
* Advanced Placement for prerequisite courses will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
* The GRE is not required.
* The program does NOT have rolling admissions.
For more information, please visit the Program Website
Ready to Take the Next Step?
Last Updated: 09/05/2023 15:34