Incoming Freshmen and Transfer Students
The City College of New York Scholarship Program offers a variety of scholarships to entering freshmen and transfer students. Selection is based on academic merit. In some cases, financial need is an additional requirement.
All incoming students who apply for scholarships must have completed an admissions application to The City College of New York. CUNY Freshmen and Transfer Applications must be filed online.
- Freshmen applicants should have a high school average minimum of a A- (90 on a scale of 100 or 3.5 on a scale of 4.0), combined OLD SAT score of 1200 (Critical Reading and Math) or NEW SAT combined score of 1250-1300 (Math and ERW, Reading score of 32 or more), or 26 on the ACT.
- Transfer applicants should have a minimum GPA of 3.0 and 24 credits. If you have less than 24 credits earned then you must meet the freshmen criteria noted above. Community service is considered when applications are reviewed.
- In order to remain eligible, students must maintain continuous full-time enrollment (12 credits or more) and a grade point average of 3.0.
- Some scholarships may have additional requirements
City College Honors Program
If you are not applying to the Macaulay Honors Program and would like to be considered for the City College Honors Program you must submit the online scholarship application by February 1st. For more information regarding eligibility requirements for City College Honors Program please click here
Undergraduate students who are applying for the Macaulay Honors College at City College are automatically reviewed for general scholarships and need NOT file the scholarship application.
The City College of New York Scholarship Program offers a variety of scholarships and programs for continuing students. To be eligible for general scholarships, students must have a minimum GPA of 3.0. Departmental scholarships and program GPA rules vary. Community and/or school service are considered when applications are reviewed. Some scholarships may have additional requirements.
You must file a FAFSA if you wish to be considered for financial aid and scholarships based upon need. You apply online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Receipt of a scholarship may, depending on the nature of the award, affect the amount of any state and federal aid for which a student may be eligible. If you have further financial aid questions, visit our Financial Aid Office. All scholarships and awards are subject to financial availability.
Do you want to know how much are the tuition and fee expenses are at The City College of New York? Click here to find out.
Fall 2020 City College Online Scholarship Application
The scholarship application is now available. All complete applications will be reviewed for available scholarships for the Fall 2020 semester.
Current CCNY students MUST complete the online scholarship application with your CCNY email address using the portal login below. Please DO NOT create an account with a non-CCNY email address as it will not be reviewed. You should only have one account/application in the system.
In order to be considered for the greatest number of funds possible, it is required that you complete this general application. If you are interested in applying for departmental scholarships then you must select those scholarships from the list at the start of the application. Once you submit the general application you will be presented with the short but applicable departmental scholarship application(s) you may have selected.
Note: You are required to submit the general application FIRST in order to access the departmental applications.
To apply as a NEW incoming Freshmen or Transfer, please CLICK HERE.
To apply as a continuing CCNY student, please login with your CCNY email credentials:
CCNY Email Username:
(Do not include "@citymail.cuny.edu")
CCNY Email Password:
Departmental Scholarships and Fellowship Programs:
- City College Honors Program (Deadline: February 1st) Note: You may apply only if you did NOT submit a Macaulay Honors Program Application
- Alumni Scholarships (Deadline: March 1st) - This is only for current CCNY students.
- Edward I. Koch Scholarship in Public Service - (Deadline: April 9th – current CCNY Freshmen only)
- Kaye Scholarship Program - (Deadline: March 15th)
- City College Fellowship - (Deadline: May 1st)
- Mellon Mays Undergraduate Fellowship - (Deadline: March 1st)
- Colin Powell School Washington Semester Program - June 30, 2019
- Skadden, Arps Honors Program in Legal Studies - (Deadline: March 23, 2019)
- Colin Powell Undergraduate Fellowship Program in Leadership and Public Service - (Deadline: March 6, 2019)
- New York Life Colin Powell Graduate Fellowship - (Deadline: April 9th )
- Partners for Change Fellowship - (Deadline: March 2nd )
- Community Engagement Fellowship - (Deadline: March 6, 2019)
- Division of Science - MUST APPLY DIRECTLY WITH SCIENCE DEPARTMENT
- Grove School of Engineering - (Deadline: March 15th)
- Rudin Research Fellowship - (Deadline: March 1, 2019)
- Sophie Davis School of Biomedical Education - (Deadline: March 1, 2019)
- The Isaacs Scholarship - (March 15, 2019)
- English Department - (Deadline: March 15th)
- CCNY Admission Ambassadors (Deadline: EXTENDED - May 1st)
For City College Scholarship Committee Only
City College Scholarship Committee Members, please click here to login to Scholarship Manager.
The Jeannette K. Watson Fellowship
A PROGRAM OF THE THOMAS J. WATSON FOUNDATION
The Jeannette K. Watson Fellowship is a three year program that provides funded summer internship and unprecedented opportunites to promising undergraduate students from 12 New York City partner colleges. As a Watson Fellow, you are provided with annual funding of $5,000, $6,000 and $7,000, in addition $2,000 Discovery Fund to develop your personal, professional, and cultural potential.
TheDream.US provides college scholarships of up to $25,000 to DREAMers to help cover tuition, fees, books, supplies and transportation for two-year or four-year degrees.CUNY is proud to be a Partner of TheDream.US.For more information, visit TheDream.US.
National scholarships are highly competitive awards that provide support for a range of academic opportunities, including study abroad, language learning, and graduate study. In addition to a high GPA, these programs seek students with research, service, and leadership experiences. For more information, click here.
We have created a Useful Scholarship Links page to help you with your scholarship search. Click here to view the list.