Scholarships & Awards
Scholarships & Awards
Incoming Freshman and Transfer Students
The City College of New York Scholarship Program offers a variety of scholarships to entering freshman and transfer students. Selection is based on academic merit. In some cases, financial need is an additional requirement.
All incoming students who apply for scholarships must have completed an admissions application to The City College of New York. CUNY Freshman and Transfer Applications must be filed online. Undergraduate students who are applying for the Macaulay Honors College at City College are automatically reviewed for scholarships and need NOT file the scholarship application.
- Freshman applicants should have a minimum of a B (85 on a scale of 100 or 3.0 on a scale of 4.0) high school average and a combined SAT score of 1100 (Critical Reading and Math) or 24 on the ACT.
- Transfer students should have a minimum GPA of 3.0 and 24 credits earned or meet the freshman criteria noted above. Community and/or school service are considered when applications are reviewed.
- In order to remain eligible, students must maintain continuous full-time enrollment (12 credits or more) and a grade point average of 3.0.
- Some scholarships may have additional requirements.
The City College of New York Scholarship Program offers a variety of scholarships and programs for continuing students. To be eligible for the general scholarships, students must have a minimum GPA of 3.0. Departmental scholarships and program GPA rules vary. Community and/or school service are considered when applications are reviewed. Some scholarships may have additional requirements.
You must file a FAFSA if you wish to be considered for financial aid and scholarships based upon need. You apply online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Receipt of a scholarship may, depending on the nature of the award, affect the amount of any state and federal aid for which a student may be eligible. If you have further financial aid questions, visit our Financial Aid Office. All scholarships and awards are subject to financial availability.
Do you want to know how much are the tuition and fee expenses are at The City College of New York? Click here to find out.
For City College Scholarship Committee Only
City College Scholarship Committee Members, please click here to login to Scholarship Manager.
City College Online Scholarship Application
The 2015-2016 online scholarship application is now available.
Priority deadline for all incoming student scholarship applications is February 1st and current CCNY student and departmental applications are due as noted below. Current CCNY students MUST complete the online scholarship application with your CCNY email address using the portal login below. Please do not complete the application as a new CCNY student. Current CCNY students may not be considered for scholarships if you did not complete the online scholarship application with your CCNY email address. Please make sure you only have one application in the system. AN APPLICATION CAN ONLY BE SUBMITTED ONCE. If you applying for more than one scholarship, please complete all sections before you submit the application by the deadline posted below. The online application system will not close for each deadline below. It will remain open until May 1st. Please complete your application by the deadline date posted below in order to be considered for the scholarship you are applying.
- CCNY Admission Ambassadors (Deadline: March 1st) – Please complete page 19. Current rising CCNY Sophomore and Juniors only
- Alumni Scholarships (Deadline: March 15th) - Please complete pages 2-5 of the application. This is only for current CCNY students.
- Edward I. Koch Scholarship in Public Service - 7 (Deadline: December 15th – current CCNY Freshman only)
- City College Kaye Scholars Program - page 8 (Deadline: March 15th)
- City College Fellowship - page 9 (Deadline: December 1st and May 1st) Note: Please complete the Spring 2015 City College Fellowship Application to apply for the December 1st deadline.
- Mellon Mays Undergraduate Fellowship - page 9 (Deadline: March 10th)
- Weston Public Service Scholarship - page 10 (Deadline: March 30th)
- Colin Powell School Washington Semester Program - page 10 (Deadline: April 15th)
- Skadden, Arps Honors Program in Legal Studies - page 11 (Deadline: Early Decision - December 31st, Regular Decision - March 15th)
- Colin Powell Program in Leadership and Public Service - page 12 (Deadline: March 2nd)
- The New York Life Endowment for Emerging African American Leaders (Graduate) Fellowship - page 13 (Deadline: March 30th )
- Partners for Change Fellowship - page 14 (Deadline: March 2nd )
- Community Engagement Fellowship - page 15 (Deadline: March 2nd )
- Division of Science - page 16 (Deadline: March 15th)
- Grove School of Engineering - page 16 (Deadline: March 15th)
- Sophie Davis School of Biomedical Education - page 17 (Deadline: TBA)
- The Isaacs Scholarship - page 18 (Deadline: March 15th)
- English Department - page 19 (Deadline: March 15th)
New students can only complete the online scholarship application by joining our on-line community. Log-in or create your MYCity page now.
Current CCNY Students
Current CCNY students MUST complete the online scholarship application with their CCNY email address only to be considered for scholarships. Please visit the portal here.
TheDream.US provides college scholarships of up to $25,000 to DREAMers to help cover tuition, fees, books, supplies and transportation for two-year or four-year degrees.CUNY is proud to be a Partner of TheDream.US.For more information, visit TheDream.US.
National scholarships are highly competitive awards that provide support for a range of academic opportunities, including study abroad, language learning, and graduate study. In addition to a high GPA, these programs seek students with research, service, and leadership experiences. For more information, click here.
Belle Zeller Scholarship Trust Fund
The Zeller Scholarship Trust Fund was established in 1979 by the professional staff Congress/ CUNY and the instructional staff union of the City University of New York. This scholarship honors the founding president of the PSC, Belle Zeller, Professor Emeritus of Political Science at Brooklyn College, where she taught for over 40 years. This scholarship is intended to honor the unique qualities of Belle Zeller: the combination of social commitment and scholarship.
Belle Zeller Scholarships fall into three general categories, each with its own guidelines:
- Students completing their undergraduate education at a CUNY institiution.
- Students enrolled in doctoral programs at the CUNY graduate Center.
- Students enrolled in the CUNY Law School at Queens College.
For more information on guidlines, application materials and deadlines please click here.
We have created a Useful Scholarship Links page to help you with your scholarship search. Click here to view the list.
CCNY New Era Scholarship minimum requirements beginning the 2011-2012 year has changed to 85 high school average and a 1200 SAT score (critical reading and math).