Share This

Need Money For Your Education?

Financial Aid

Need Money For Your Education?

 You may apply for federal and New York state financial aid every year.  Click here to apply for financial aid.


Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) - (CCNY federal code : 002688)

The City College priority deadline for filing a FAFSA is March 15 each year*. Early FAFSA filers are more likely to receive the earliest Federal Work-Study, Federal SEOG, and Federal Perkins loan awards. If you apply early, your financial aid award can be posted onto your student account before classes begin.

Academic Year Tax Year Submit FAFSA as early as
2017-2018 2015 10/01/16
2018-2019 2016 10/01/17
If you have not already filed a 2017-18  FAFSA, please apply by using "prior-prior year" (2015) income information, see more details>>. We urge that you know what you owe to the college because you may have to pay or sign up for the payment plan. See Payment Options.

Using the "IRS Data Retrieval Tool" is the preferred way to enter your income information onto your FAFSA.




New York State Financial Aid - CCNY New York State code: 1411 (undergraduate only)

(Note: Effective with the 2010-11 academic year, with the exception of veterans, graduate students can no longer receive TAP.)

  1. The Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) Grant and other New York state grants and scholarships are administered by the New York State Higher Education Services Corporation (NYS HESC) for New York State legal residents. Read More>>

  2. APTS (Aid for Part-time Study) is a New York state grant for part-time undergraduate students (6-11 credits). Students must complete a TAP application and the CUNY Supplement form on CUNYfirst.

    Need help to complete the Supplement form? View our CUNYfirst guide or watch a Youtube video.



Federal Direct Loans 

Federal Direct Student Loans are either "subsidized" or "unsubsidized". The federal government pays the interest on subsidized loans while a student is enrolled for six (6) or more credits. Eligibility for a subsidized loan is based on "financial need". Unsubsidized loans are available regardless of financial need. Interest is charged to the student or the parent, (see PLUS Loans) even while the student is in school. Students may borrow up to the applicable maximum for each "academic year". An academic year at City College is Summer, Fall and Spring.



External Scholarships

FastWeb's free scholarship search includes more than 600,000 scholarships worth more than $1 billion. FastWeb is provided completely free and the City College is a proud FastWeb member school.

Peterson's Award Seach is a database which presents 800,000 awards about 2,000 sources in 69 academic subject areas.

Federal government also assists students with numerous federal scholarships. Read More>>

New York State Higher Education Service Corporation (HESC) also has different scholarships for eligible students. Read More>>

For more information regarding scholarships, please contact the Admissions Office or see their webpage.