ABOUT THE LAPTOP LOANER PROGRAM
Conditions of the Program
1. CCNY students with a currently validated CCNY ID are eligible to check out laptops.
2. Laptop computers may only be checked out from, and must be returned to, the iMEDIA Reservation Desk in NA 1/204.
3. Please allow at least 15 minutes to checkout the student laptop. At the time of checkout, the laptop will be inspected to verify that it is issued to the student in good working condition.
4. Laptops are available on a first-come, first-served basis, Monday through Friday on the days the College is open. There is no waiting list. Checkouts begin at 9:00 AM. All laptops are due back at the iMEDIA Reservation Desk by 7:00 PM the same day, laptops will stop circulating at 6:00 PM. When the iMEDIA Reservation Desk closes at 5:00 PM, all laptops are due back to the iMEDIA Reservation Desk by 4:00 PM, laptops will stop circulating at 3:00 PM.
5. Returns: Laptops may only be returned by the borrower. Laptops returned by any other individual will not be accepted by iMEDIA Reservation Desk staff members. All laptops must be returned in-person to an iMEDIA Reservation Desk staff member in NAC 1/204. Do not leave a laptop with Tech Center, Service Desk or Library staff. At the time of return, please remain at the iMEDIA Reservation Desk during the check-in process. The check-in process can take up to 15 minutes to complete.
6. Equipment Inspection: A full inspection will be performed within 1 business day after equipment has been checked-in. Any equipment issues found during the inspection process will be communicated to the borrower via email
1. $10.00 per block of 15 minutes overdue, with a 10-minute grace period.
2. Up to $40.00 per day, $1,300 charge to replace Mac laptops, $1000 for PC laptops
3. If a laptop and its peripherals are not returned within 24 hours of its due date/time, it will be considered stolen CCNY property.
4. The student will be billed the replacement cost of $1,300 to replace a Mac laptops, $1000 for PC laptops, plus accrued overdue fines if the laptop is not returned. This information will be sent to the Bursar’s Office, where a hold will be placed on the student’s records.
5. Students will not be able to register, obtain transcripts/diploma, or graduate until the fine is paid in full. In the event that the laptop is returned, the student will be credited that $1,300 to replace for Mac laptops, $1000 for PC laptops and will only incur overdue fees.
6. Penalties for inappropriate use/treatment or loss of parts of the laptops may include fines, and suspension of iMEDIA privileges
1. The laptop borrower is solely responsible for any loss or damages.
2. In the event that the laptop is damaged, the charge will be the cost of repair including labor.
3. These charges will be sent to the Bursar’s Office for collection and may prevent a student from registering for classes, obtaining diploma/transcripts, and/or graduating until paid in full.
1. Never leave the laptop computer unattended while it is checked out to them.
2. Never lend or give the laptop computer to another person.
3. Never borrow a laptop computer on behalf of another person.
4. Never save or download to the Computer’s Hard drive. Security software will erase anything/everything on the drive once turned off, restarted, or rebooted.
5. Store all files on a personal storage device or your student OneDrive space prior to returning the laptop to the iMEDIA Reservation Desk.
6. Never lend or give the laptop computer to another person.
7. Never borrow a laptop computer on behalf of another person.
8. Never save or download to the Computer’s Hard drive. Security software will erase anything/everything on the drive once turned off, restarted, or rebooted.
9. Store all files on a personal storage device or your student OneDrive space prior to returning the laptop to the iMEDIA Reservation Desk.
10. Verify that you have collected all components for your checkout before leaving the Reservation Desk. The laptop borrower is solely responsible for any loss or damages.
11. Verify that you have all components for your return before arriving to the Reservation Desk. The laptop borrower is solely responsible for any loss or damages.
• I accept full responsibility for the laptop computer and accessories I am borrowing.
• I will reimburse CCNY for the cost of repairing or replacing this laptop, and/or accessories if they are damaged, lost, stolen, or not returned while checked out in my name.
• I understand that the replacement cost for this laptop computer will be no less than $1,300 to replace Mac laptops, $1000 for PC laptops, plus accrued overdue fine(s).
• I will pay all overdue fines as stated in the Overdue section of the CCNY LAPTOP LOANER PROGRAM document if I fail to return this laptop and all accessories to the iMEDIA Reservation Desk on time.
• I have witnessed the physical inspection of the Laptop computer and its components. All checked parts are present and appear to be functioning.
• I understand that my abuse of laptop loan privileges may also result in disciplinary action and the inability to borrow laptop computers in the future.
• I understand that all charges that are accrued as a result of violations of these policies will be sent to the Bursar’s Office and will prevent me from registering for classes, from obtaining diploma/transcript(s), and/or graduating until paid in full.
• I understand that failure to return the laptop within the allotted time will be considered theft of CCNY property and appropriate action will be taken.
• I understand that I am not to perform any illegal activities with this laptop. (i.e., hacking, pirating, viewing or downloading child pornography, etc.).
• I understand that if I perform any illegal activities with this laptop, I will be subject to the disciplinary rules and regulations of CUNY and CCNY, as well as referral to criminal authorities.
• I hereby verify that I have read and understand the Use and Liability Agreement as it pertains to the loan of a CCNY laptop computer.
• I agree to abide by this and related laptop loan policies.
For additional information or questions concerning the student laptop loaner program, contact the iMEDIA Reservation Desk at (212) 650-5480 or by emailing iMEDIA@ccny.cuny.edu.