Additional Departments/Affiliated Programs::
Prof. Ibrahim Habib received the PH.D. degree from the City University of New York, the M.Sc. degree from Polytechnic University of New York, and the B.Sc. degree from Ain Shams University, Cairo all in Electrical Engineering. In 1991, he joined the Faculty of the City University of New York where he is a Professor of Telecommunications Networks. His research interests are in the areas of control and management of both wireless and IP optical networks and the applications of wireless networks in Healthcare. His expertise includes next generation network architecture, multicast VPNs, connection-oriented protocols including MPLS and GMPLS, quality of service management, traffic engineering in IP optical networks, cloud computing, and allocation of resources in wireless networks. He has industrial experience including AT&T Labs and Telcordia Research Labs, where he participated in evaluating the added-value proposition of adopting IP optical networking technologies and services within carriers' networks.
He was a Guest Editor of many special issues in IEEE JSAC special issues, IEEE Communications magazine journals among others. He is an ex-Editor of the IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, IEEE Communications magazine, and was a Distinguished Lecturer of the IEEE Communications society. He is currently an Editor of the Elsevier journal on Computer Networks. He served as co-chairman and chairman of many IEEE symposia and conferences. He has been an invited speaker at several US and European Universities and research labs.
- Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, City University of New York, 1991.
- M.Sc., Electrical Engineering, Polytechnic University of New York, 1984.
- B.Sc., Electrical Engineering, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt, 1981.
- EE I9400 - High Speed Networks
- EE I6700 - IP Routing
- EE 46000 - Computer Communication Systems
- Wireless networks
- IP optical networks
- Next generation networks
- Cristina De Castro, Barbra M. Massini, Ibrahim Habib, Oreste Andrisano, “Real-time Smart Navigation and the Genetic Approach to Vehicle Routing”, Encyclopedia of Information Science and Technology, Edition: Third Edition, Chapter: 192, Publisher: IGI Global, 2015.
- Naimah Yaakob, Ibrahim Khalil, Mohamed Atiquzzaman, Ibrahim Habib, Jiankun Hu, “Distributed Collision Control with the Integration of Packet Size for Congestion Control in Wireless Sensor Networks”, Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing, June 2014.
- Fahad, Z. Tari, I. Khalil, Ibrahim Habib, H. Alnuweriri,“Toward an Efficient and Scalable Feature Selection Approach for Internet Traffic Classification”, Elsevier Journal of Computer Networks, 2013.
- Fahim Sufi, Ibrahim Khalil, Ibrahim Habib, “Cardioids based Faster Authentication and Diagnosis of Remote Cardiovascular Patients”, John Wiley Journal on Security and Sensor Networks, 2011.
- Periklis Chatzimisios, Ibrahim Habib, Paolo Bellavista, Alexey V. Vinel,”Guest Editorial: Next Generation Networks Service Management”, Journal of Computer Communications, 2011.
- Detti, N. Blefari-Melazzi, Ibrahim Habib, A. Ordine, “Per-Station Throughput Fairness in a WLAN Hot-spot with TCP Traffic”, Elsevier Computer Networks Journal, 2011.
- Fahim Sufi, Ibrahim Khalil, Ibrahim Habib, “Polynomial Distance Measurement for ECG based Biometric Authentication, in the John Wiley Journal on Security and Sensor Networks, 2010.
- Franco Mazzenga, Ibrahim Habib, “ Guest Editorial: Wireless Technologies Advanced for Rural and Emergency Communications”, Journal of Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing, 2010.
- Romano Fantacci, Dania Marabissi, Daniele Tarchi, Ibrahim Habib, “Adaptive Modulation and Coding techniques for OFDMA systems”, IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, 2009.
- A.V. Vasilakos, Hsiao-Hwa Chen, Hussein Mouftah, Ibrahim Habib, Kevin Montgomery, “Guest Editorial: Wireless and Pervasive Communications for Healthcare”, IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, 2009.
- Z. Li, Q. Song, Ibrahim Habib, “Design and Implementation of Cheetah Virtual Label Switching Router for Optical Networks”, Journal of Optical Switching and Networking, 2008.
- Q. Song, Z. Li, Ibrahim Habib, “Performance Analysis of Connection-oriented Services with Book-ahead Reservations in IP Optical Networks”, inaugural issue of the Journal of Autonomous and Adaptive Communications Systems, 2008.
- Ibrahim Habib, Franco Mazzenga, “Guest Editorial: Wireless Technologies Advanced for Emergency and Rural Communications”, IEEE Communications Magazine, 2008.
- N. Belfari-Melazzi, A. Detti, S. Salsano, A. Ordine, Ibrahim Habib, “TCP Fairness in IEEE 802.11 Wireless LANs” in the IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, 2007.
- Ibrahim Habib, Q. Song, and N. Rao, “Deployment of GMPLS Control Plane in Experimental Optical Networks for Grid Computing Applications”, IEEE COMMUNICATIONS Magazine special issue on Grid Computing, 2006.
- F. DeAngelis, I. Habib, “Increasing Services Revenues via Adaptive Filtering in Wired/Wireless Networks”, Elsevier International Journal of Computer and Telecom. Networks, 2006.
- Ibrahim Habib, Andrzej Jajszczyk, Dan Awduche, “Guest Editorial: Advances in Control and Management of Connection-oriented Networks, Parts 1 and 2”, IEEE Communications Magazine, 2006.
- Q. Song, Z. Li, I. Habib, W. Alanqar, “The Value Added Proposition of GMPLS Control Plane in IP optical networks”, The Optical Society of America Journal on Optical Networks, Vol. 4, page(s): 838-855, 2005.
- F. DeAngelis, I. Habib, F. Davide, M. Naghshineh, “Intelligent Content Aware Services in 3G Networks”, INVITED PAPER in the IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications special issue on Service Intelligence in Broadband Networks, 2005.
- M. Moustafa, I. Habib, and M. Naghshineh, "Efficient Radio Resources Control in Wireless Networks", IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, 2004.
- F. Mazzenga, D. Cassioli, A. Detti, I. Habib, P. Loreti “Performance Evaluation in Blue Tooth Dense Piconet Areas”, IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, 2004.
- R. Fantacci, T. Pecorella, I. Habib, “Proposal and Performance of an Efficient Multiple Access Protocol for LEO Satellite Packet Networks”, in the IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, 2004.
- M. Moustafa, I. Habib, and M. Naghshineh, "Wireless Resource Management Using Genetic Algorithm for Mobiles Equilibrium," Computer Networks, The International Journal of Computer and Telecommunications Networking Elsevier Science, vol. 37, no.5, pp 631-643, 11/2001.
- M. Sherif, I. Habib, M. Nagheshinah, P. Kermani,”Adaptive Quality of Service Management in Cellular Networks” IEEE JSAC, Feb 2000.
- M. Moustafa, I. Habib, and M. Naghshineh, "Efficient Radio Resource Control for Manhattan Street Environments," In Proc. IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC 2002).
- M. Moustafa, I. Habib, and M. Naghshineh, "GAME Based Radio Resource Management in Wideband CDMA Networks," In Proc. IEEE Globecom 2001.
- R. Giuliano, G. Guidoni, I. Habib, F. Mazzenga, "Co-existance of an Ultra Wideband Spread Spectrum System with Fixed Wireless Access Systems", in the Elsevier Jounral on Computer Networks, Vol. 44 (2004) pp 583-598.
- I. Habib, M. Sherif, M. Naghshineh, P. Kermani, "An Adaptive Quality of Service Channel Borrowing Algorithm for Cellular Networks" in the John Wiley International Journal of Communications Systems, 2003, Vol. 16, pp. 759-777.
- M. Moustafa, I. Habib, and M. Naghshineh, "Wireless Resource Management Using Genetic Algorithm for Mobiles Equilibrium," Computer Networks, The International Journal of Computer and Telecommunications Networking, Elsevier Science, vol. 37, no.5, pp 631-643, 2001.
- M. Moustafa, I. Habib, M. Naghshineh, and M. Guizani, "QoS-Sensitive Broadband Mobile Access to Wireline Networks," IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 40, no. 4, pp 50-56, 2003.