Computer EngineeringCUNY Graduate Center
Prof. Jie Wei received his B.S, M.Sc and Ph.D from the University of Science and Technology of China, Institute of Software in Chinese Academy of Sciences, and Simon Fraser University, all in computer science. He has been on the faculty of the Dept. of Computer Science, City College of New York and the Graduate Center of City University of New York, where he is now an associate professor. His research interests are multi-modal computing, computer vision, medical imaging, and machine learning. His researches have been supported by NIH, NSF, AFOSR, AFRL and ONR.
- Ph.D. Computer Science, Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, Canada, 1999
- M.Sc. Computer Science, Institute of Software, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China, 1992
- B.Sc. Computer Science, University of Science and Technology of China, Hefei, China, 1989
- CS32200: Software Engineering
- CS47900: Digital Libraries
- I1000: Database I
Professor Wei's research interests include multi-modal computing, computer vision, medical imaging, and machine learning.
Ten representative publications:
- J. Wei, B. Cai, L. Zhang and B.M. Fu, "Automatic classification and quantification of cell adhesion locations on the endothelium", Annals of Biomedical Engineering, 43(8), pp. 1803-1814, 2015.
- G. Li, J. Wei, H. Huang, C. Gaebler, A. Yuan, J. Deasy, "Automatic assessment of average diaphragm motion trajectory from 4DCT images through machine learning", Biomedical Physics & Engineering Express, Vol. 1, No. 4, 2015.
- G. Li, H. Huang, J. Wei, D.G. Li, Q. Chen, C.P. Gaebler, J. Sullivan, J. Zatcky, A. Rimner, and J. Mechalakos, "Novel spirometry based on optical surface imaging", Medical Physics Journal, Vol. 42, No. 4, 2015.
- J. Wei and G. Li, "Automated Lung Segmentation and Image Quality Assessment for Clinical 3D/4D Computed Tomography", IEEE J. of Translational Engineering in Health and Medicine, Vol. 2, No. 1, 2014.
- J. Wei, K. Vongsy, O. Mendoza-Schrock, C. Liu, "Vehicle engine classification using spectral tone-pitch vibration indexing and neural network", Int. J. on Surveillance & Monitoring Res. Tech., Special issue on Machine learning and sensor fusion techniques, Vol. 2 No. 3, pp.32-50, 2014.
- G. Li, M. Caraveo, J. Wei, A. Rimner, A. Wu, K. Goodman, E. Yorke, "Rapid estimation of 4DCT motion-artifact severity based on 1D breathing-surrogate periodicity", Medical Physics Journal, Vol. 41, No. 11, 2014.
- J. Wei, "On Markov Earth Mover's Distance", Int. J. of Image and Graphics, Vol. 14, No. 4, 2014.
- J. Wei, "Shape Indexing and Recognition based on Regional Analysis", IEEE Trans. on Multimedia, Vol. 9, No. 5, pages 1049-1061, 2007.
- J. Wei, "Video Content Classification based on 3-dimensional Eigen Analysis", IEEE Trans. on Image Processing, Vol 14, No. 5, pages 662-673, 2005.
- J. Wei, "Markov Edit Distance", IEEE Trans. on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, Vol 26, No. 3, pages 311-321, 2004.