Professor & Director of the English Honors Program
Prof. Dekel holds a Doctorate in Comparative Literature from Columbia University. She is the author of *The Universal Jew: Masculinity, Modernity and the Zionist Moment* (Northwestern University Press, 2011). Her scholarly articles, translations and blogs have appeared in ELH, WSQ, Jewish Social Studies, Guernica and in various anthologies.
- L.L.B., Tel Aviv University
- M.A., The City College of New York
- M.Phil, Ph.D., Columbia University
- Trauma and Literature
- Themes in Comparative Literature
- Literary Theory
- Law and Literature
- Nationality and Masculinity in Late Nineteenth Century European Literature
- Critical Reading and Writing II, Introduction to Prose
- Interconnections between gender, sexuality and nationality in late nineteenth century European literature and thought
- Minority identity; language in Diaspora; theories of post colonialism and nationalism.
- Critical legal studies; law and ethics
- Literary representation of trauma