Faculty and Staff Profiles
ST - 228
(212 ) 650-8468
(212 ) 650-8013
<< Back To Directory
- B.Sc. Civil and Environmental Engineering, 1993, University of the Witwatersrand, South Africa;
- S.M. Aeronautics and Astronautics, 1995, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- S.M. Civil and Environmental Engineering, 1995, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Ph.D. Civil and Environmental Engineering, 1998, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Engineering Mechanics I
- Advanced Composite Material
- Smart Materials and Structures
- Energy Harvesting
- Ultra Low Power Sensors
- Elvin N, Elvin A, Spector M (2001), A self-powered mechanical strain energy sensor, Smart Materials and Structures, 10, 293-299.
- Elvin N, Elvin A, Choi DH (2003), A self-powered damage detection sensor, The Journal of Strain Analysis for Engineering Design, 38(2), 115-125.
- Elvin, NG, Lajnef N, Elvin AA (2006), Feasibility of structural monitoring with vibration powered sensors, Smart Materials and. Structures, 15, 977-986.
- Elvin NG, Elvin AA (2009) A general equivalent circuit model for piezoelectric generators, in print Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures, 20(1): 3-9
- Lavagnino M, Arnoczky SP, Elvin N, Dodds J (Cabaud Award winner 2008) Patellar tendon strain is increased at the site of the jumper’s knee lesion during knee flexion and tendon loading. American Journal of Sports Medicine, 36(11): 2110-2118
- Akaydin DH, Elvin N, Andreopoulos Y (2010) Energy harvesting from highly unsteady fluid flows using piezoelectric materials. Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures, in press