Branding + Integrated Communication (BIC)
*Note: This is a full-time program and admission is only offered for the fall semester.
Total Credits: 36
GRE Required: No
Minimum TOEFL/IELTS Scores: 575 (PBT), 90+ (PBT) or 6.5
The M.P.S. in Branding + Integrated Communication is a full-time program and will only admit part-time students on a limited basis. It does not offer courses for non-matriculated students.
Admission is only offered for the fall semester.
Supporting Documents Required:
There are three areas of specializations:
- Public Relations
- Account Management/Planning
Applicants interested in the Public Relations or Management/Planning specialization must include:
- Statement of purpose of approximately 500 words that addresses the candidate’s interest in graduate study at City College
- College transcript that demonstrates strong competency in their major area with evidence of serious academic intent and a 3.00 GPA (or equivalent) as well as completion of prerequisite coursework in Statistics.
- Three samples of undergraduate or professional work related to the specialization they are interested in studying
- 2 letters of recommendation, including at least one from a faculty member, in support of your candidacy. If you are a professional, one letter must be from an employer
A spec portfolio consisting of 2 print campaigns consisting of 3 ads each submitted on a DVD as PDFs or JPGs. The clients/products are of your choosing. The campaigns must reveal conceptual thinking as well as executional finesse. Proficiency in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop is expected and should be demonstrated in your submission.
Program Advisor:Prof. Nancy Tag