BIC Programmatic Goals + Learning Outcomes
The MPS in BIC is a four-semester, 32-credit, portfolio-driven program – all students must present individual portfolios to professionals and academics as their final thesis as proof that they have successfully acquired the skills and learning outcomes outlined by the program, which are:
1) Awareness, Research, and Measurement: To be aware of industry needs and norms. To gather information and conduct analysis that yields new understanding and insights into a project, client issue, or the industry in such a way that impacts bottom line business objectives and establishes new thinking in the field. To be able to measure goals and effectiveness.
2) Strategic Development and Planning: To identify meaningful insights and articulate clear goals. To think deeply and systematically about achieving and measuring results. To create strategies that will anchor focused communication across a variety of media platforms in order to create a dynamic brand experience.
3) Presentation: To bring all stages of the planning, execution, and measurement process to life through compelling communication techniques that are clear and persuasive, depending on the intended audience: target audiences, stakeholders, consumers, colleagues, etc.
4) Storytelling/building and Ideation: To develop concepts, narratives, and techniques that bring strategies to life and bond executions together toward a cohesive, brand-building identity. To promote students’ abilities to build brands through more immersive – even tactile – forms of communication in the digital sphere and physical space.
5) Written/Oral Communication: To use language precisely, persuasively, and appropriately for a variety of audiences, media, and purposes.
6) Synergy and Convergence: To dynamically integrate disparate forms of communication to create a powerfully unified brand identity.
7) Collaboration: Listening, Learning, Influencing, Leading: To thrive in a process-based environment. To be able to actively listen and learn about all stakeholders’ needs and business goals. To influence outcomes in strategically meaningful ways and to exhibit leadership qualities that result in innovation.
8) Social Responsibility and Ethical Behavior:
To consider social ramifications in the decision-making process, to actively enhance the social value of brand-making, and to behave in an ethical manner on all levels.