Internship Program Description
Internships are an excellent way for students to gain experience in a new environment, growing personally while they are contributing to the goals of the organization in which they are working. CPDI recognizes that it can be difficult for a student to secure an internship opportunity through the traditional way of applying online. In effort to increase the exposure of CCNY students and give them the advantage in securing an internship, CPDI developed an internship program that will advocate for and market the CCNY students to employers in effort to place the CCNY students in valuable internship opportunities.
Completed 24 credits at start of internship
Statement of career direction on file with CPDI
Approved resume on file with CPDI
- Internship Program Overview
- Writing a Resume and Cover Letter
- The Internship Search and Employer Expectations of Interns
– CPDI will be your advocate
- Increased networking opportunities with employers
- Resume actively marketed to employers in effort to match you with an internship opportunity
- Resume referred to employers in effort to match you with an internship opportunity
- Access to special internship opportunities
- Letter of recommendation from CPDI
- Ability to have expenses paid for to travel to conferences and special events in your major
- Automatic approval into the CPDI Recruitment Program
I want to
be a part of the program….Where Do I Start???
- The deadline has passed and we have reached the capacity for the program. Applications will open back up on July 1, 2015 for the 2015-2016 academic year. Even though you will not be in the program this academic year, please meet with a career counselor to discuss internship search. We can still provide you with strategies for your internship search
- Start on your career direction statement. If you do not have a career direction in mind then schedule an appointment to Meet With A Career Counselor.
- After we receive your application, you will receive an email that it has been received and a list of the numerous times for the workshops.
- Schedule your workshops…they are REQUIRED
- Submit your resume for approval.
been approved for the program….Now What???
- You will start receiving emails from CPDI regarding internship opportunities be sure to reply in a timely manner
- You will start receiving emails from employers about interviews be sure to reply in a timely manner
- Apply to internships that you find through your own search. Be sure to use the letter of recommendation provided.
- Schedule periodic meetings with internship specialist for any additional assistance.