Planning for Graduate School
GRADUATE SCHOOL ADMISSIONS
Applying for graduate or professional school is not a decision one should make without developing a well thought out strategic plan.You should conduct an in-depth self evaluation to determine if you are ready to apply to graduate school and research your field of study including the schools that will provide the knowledge, skills and training to help you achieve your career goal.
Things to consider prior to applying to graduate school include:
2. Do I have the grade point average to be accepted into a graduate school program?
3. Do I need to take prerequisites prior to applying to graduate/professional school
4. Can I make the time commitment necessary to succeed in a graduate/professional program
5. Do I have the finances to apply to graduate school?
- Application fees
- Graduate School Tests (GRE, GMAT, LSAT, MCAT)
- Graduate School Preparation Courses
- Transcript Fees
- May total in excess of $500 if applying to only 3 schools
If you are considering graduate school and need assistance in managing the admissions process or need help with your personal statement, please visit the Career and Professional Development Institute in NAC 1/116 and sign up for the Graduate Admissions Workshop and schedule an appointment with a staff member.
There are many resources to assist you better manage the graduate school admissions process.
Petersons.com (http://www.petersons.com )
The most comprehensive database of accredited graduate programs on the web. Search listings of graduate schools by masters degree or doctorate degree, by graduate program, or by institution name. http://www.petersons.com
GradSchools.com (http://www.gradschools.com )
With almost 60,000 programs listed in its free directory, GradSchools.com is the leading online resource for graduate school. Use this site to find your ideal program by searching by subject and location.
Grad-Schools-USA.com (http://www.graduate-schools-usa.com )
Search Graduate Schools and Degrees in the USA with the option to order free brochures, books and applications.