The college is open January 28.
Transportation Engineering Requirements
I. Required Courses (15 credits):
1. CE H1000 Mathematical Methods in Civil Engineering
2. CE H0200 Transportation Economics (or equivalent)
3. CE I2200 Transportation Asset Management
4. CE I2400 Analytical Techniques in Transportation
5. CE I2600 Urban Transportation Planning
II. Choose one (0 to 3 credits):
1. CE I9700 Report (0 credit)
2. CE I9800 Project (3 credits)
III. Electives (12 to 15 credits)
CE 52000 Traffic EngineeringCE 52500 Geometric design
CE 52600 Rail System Design
CE 54000 Highway Engineering
CE 54100 Highway and Airport Construction
CE G3500 Transportation Safety
CE G4900 Transportation Network Analysis
CE H2100 Flexible and Rigid Pavements
CE H24000 Airport Design and Planning
CE H4500 Urban Public TransportationCE H4600 Environmental Issues in Transportation
CE H5200 Bridge Engineering CE I2000 Travel Demand Forecasting
CE I2700 Transportation Policy CE I2800 Transit Systems: Planning and OperationsCE I2900 Transportation Project Evaluation
CE I4000 Traffic ControlCE I4100 Intelligent Transportation Systems
CE I4500 Advanced Transportation Planning
CE I4700 Planning and Design of Passenger Terminals
* 50000 Level courses are available to Graduate and Undergraduate Students. Graduate Students can receive graduate credit for at most two 500 level courses and only if they receive a B or better.
Any Deviations from this list must be pre-approved by a transportation advisor.
All Graduate students in transportation are expected to have knowledge in computer usage and programming, probability and statistics, calculus, and economics. Those who have not had at least one course in each of these topics must take an equivalent course for no graduate credit.
Graduate students in transportation are expected to have knowledge of traffic engineering either from previous studies or by taking CE 5200. Before taking CE I9700 (Report) or I9800 (Project), the student must complete nine graduate credits. To register for either the Report or Project, the student should select a faculty mentor. After meeting with the student, the mentor will submit a form to the Registrar.