Workshops and Events
The following Counseling Center workshops are available for classes, student groups, and departments throughout the year. With a few weeks of notice we can arrange for space to present these to your students or we can conduct the workshop as part of a pre-arranged class or group meeting. Workshops are presented by staff at the Counseling Center. Peer Counselors are also available to present to groups of students or clubs as requested.
The following topics are available:
- Intro to the Counseling Center: our services, groups, and how to get help (5-15 min as requested)
- Internships and Externships at the Counseling Center: how to get involved and Q and A (10-60 minutes as requested)
- Introduction to the Counseling Center w/ Depression & Suicide Awareness (15-45 min as requested)
- Intro to the counseling Center with Warning Signs info on Depression, Drug and Alcohol Use, Domestic Violence, and Serious Mental Illness (20-60 minutes as requested)
- Stress Management (45-55 min as requested)
- Test Anxiety (45-55 min as requested)
- Time Management (45-55 min as requested)
- Anger Management (40-55 min as requested)
- Insomnia (40- 55 min as requested)
- Conflict Resolution & Assertiveness (60 min), Also a more in depth 90 min. is available.
- Mindfulness and Meditation (40-55 min as requested)
- Identifying the dangers of prescription drugs (40-55 min as requested, this workshop is available by appointment)
- Identifying and Responding to Students in Distress (for faculty/staff only) (40-55 min as requested)
If you are interested in any additional topics, please feel free to contact us and we will do our best to meet your needs.
If you are interested in arranging a presentation, please send your request - including the topic you are interested in and your preferred date and time - to Laura Iocin, Ph.D., Outreach Coordinator at email@example.com or (212) 650-8222.