A City College of New York Financial Aid Way Station
The principal role of financial aid services at the Center for Worker Education (CWE) is to assist working adult students who have few opportunities to attend to administrative matters. We are CWE’s liaison with the primary financial aid office located at the main campus of the City College of New York (CCNY). We are a more accessible alternative, but with limited resources.
We are authorized to help by:
- Acting as a liaison between the student and the campus.
- Reviewing FAFSA and all documents to determine eligibility for disbursement of financial aid.
- Providing individual counseling sessions with students when necessary.
- Notifying students of inconsistencies and missing information necessary for processing aid.
- Collecting, organizing and forwarding documents to the main campus financial aid office.
What we can’t do:
- We are not a full service financial aid office. We cannot provide direct or immediate processing of documents.
- We are not the source of all financial services and information, we are not the Bursar.
∙ New FAFSA applications become available on January 1.
∙ Students registering for fall terms are advised to complete Federal Applications for Free Student Aid (FAFSA) applications at www.Fafsa.ed.gov, by April 15. New York State Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) can be filed using the link on the FAFSA.
∙ Students registering or applying for the spring term should file FAFSA applications at www.Fafsa.ed.gov, by November 15. New York State Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) can be filed using the link on the FAFSA.
Apply Early! Apply Early! Apply Early! Apply Early!
- If you fail to file by these dates, it is unlikely that any aid or loans will be available by the bill payment deadline. Please keep this in mind when planning for the term.
- Important Note: When you accept financial aid you are entering into an agreement stating that you will make satisfactory academic progress. If you fail to meet this part of the agreement there will be potential immediate and/or long term consequences.