Share This
Campus Planning and Facilities Management

Frequently Asked Questions

1. Who is my facilitator?

Each Department has a facilitator who puts these work orders in. If you need to know who your Facilitator is, please call Wilma Nieves at x8679.

2. How do I request for furniture to be moved or removed?

Please ask your Facilitator to put in a work request for the Laborers. Please clearly mark anything that has to be trashed.

3. How do I get a floor striped, waxed, or shampooed?

You must submit a work request; through our Archibus system.

4. How do I get a classroom/office painted?

Painting of offices and classrooms must be requested by the Chair/Dean of your department, directly to Richard Slawski.

5. What if my light bulbs need to be replaced?

Submit a work order through our Archibis system.

6.How do I get window shades/blinds?

You buy the shades and we will install them. Please put in a work order once you have purchased your shades and our Maintenance department will come and put them up.

7. How do I report a problem with a classroom?

Please call our classroom hotline at x23128 and we will send someone to address the problem

8. Who changes the clocks in the classrooms?

They are automatically set by PPS.

9. If I ordered equipment/furniture how will it be set up?

When purchasing equipment, delivery and assembly must be included in your work request.

10. What if I need to setup for an event?

To setup an event contact Anthony Achille at the Urban Affairs and Government Affairs office x6405 or e-mail him at and submit your event form.

11. What if I need signs to be made for an office?

For signs, submit a work request for the sign shop.

12. If modifications are needed for a room what procedures do I follow?

All modifications are projects and must be approved by the provost.

13. Is there a place to store excess furniture?

No there is no available space for furniture.

14. I need exterminating services?

Submit a work request for the exterminator.

15. How can I get access to an office/room that is locked?

Please call public safety at extension x6911

16. What do I do if something appears to be unsafe?

Please call facilities at x8675 immediately and report it.

17. How can I report a bathroom that needs assistance?

Please call our bathroom hotline at x20900 and we will send someone to address the problem.

18. How do I order keys?

The Key Shop handles all requests for keys. Please contact Deputy White at Public Safety&Security x7996 or by e-mail at

19. Where do I get information about the City College bus and shuttle service?

We have a bus and we have a shuttle that run from 7:00am- 9:45pm Monday through Friday and 8:15am – 4:00pm on Saturdays. Please check our website for the schedule and bus route.

20. What is the bus schedule?

Please see the Next Bus website for bus schedule information.

21. Is the bus handicapped accessible?

Yes all busses are handicapped accessible.

22. Is there an escort service available?

Yes, please call security at x6911.

23. What happens when it snows?

The campus and all parking lots will be cleared by PPS.

24. How do I get tables and chairs for an event

Please contact Anthony Achille at Urban and Government Affairs office x6405 or e-mail at