Finance and Administration
CUNYfirst Procurement Roles
- CUNYfirst Procurement User Access Request to "Financials Supply Chain" module - Form and Guide to Completion
- Selecting an Alternate User to Approve Requisitions - In the event of the absence of an approver - vacation, illness, extended travel - the approver can delgate his/her approval role to another individual. It is strongly recommended that approvers perform this delegation PRIOR to absence to ensure department workflow.
CUNYfirst Requisitions to Receipts - Job Aids/Training Tools
CUNYfirst Procurement Category Codes
CUNYfirst Procurement Job AidsCUNYfirst Procurement Glossary (TIP: This link downloads an Excel Macro-Enabled Workbook. Open the workbook, then, "Enable Editing" AND "Enable Content" to experience the full functionality of this tool.)
CUNYfirst Procurement FAQs - Frequently Asked Questions (TIP: This link downloads an Excel Macro-Enabled Workbook. Open the workbook, then, "Enable Editing" AND "Enable Content" to experience the full functionality of this tool.)
Requisition Status/Budget Status/Available Actions - In 'Manage Requisitions', review available and recommended actions, based on requisition and budget status.
CUNYfirst Procurement Icons
Typically, goods are delivered to the Requester who is responsible for counting the goods and noting the condition of the received goods on a receipt entered on the day the goods are delivered.
Requesters must contact Purchasing to resolve shortfalls of quantity or quality with the supplier.Additionally, three categories of goods and services require entry of a system inspection into CUNYfirst: Information Technology, Facilities/Furniture, and Hazardous Materials.
When Requesters are prompted for an inspection during the creation of a receipt, Requesters must also forward a completed CUNYfirst Procurement Inspection form to Property Management, located in Marshak 024B.Accounts Payable matches the goods received (i.e, the receipts entered by the Requester and Inspector, if applicable), against the goods invoiced for quantity and price BEFORE paying the Vendor. Therefore, Requesters must enter receipts accurately and as soon as possible into CUNYfirst to document delivery of goods and services.
CUNYfirst Accounting Information
CUNYfirst ChartField Structure
- CCNY ChartField Structure Lookup Tool - ChartFields provide the basic accounting structure to segregate and organize department transactional and budget data for recording and reporting purposes.
(TIP: This link downloads an Excel Macro-Enabled Workbook. Open the workbook, then, "Enable Editing" AND "Enable Content" to experience the full functionality of this tool.)
- Modify ChartFields - some requesters oversee multiple budgets and, therefore, will have to modify their default chartfield structure, when creating requisitions, to charge the appropriate funds.
- Most Used Expenditure Accounts - Expenditure accounts are 5 digit chartfields used to categorize and record department expenditures.
CUNYfirst Procurement Reporting Tools/Queries
- Running Department Expenditure Detail Reports
- Run Queries - Run queries to retrieve specific data and information from the CUNYfirst system, (e.g. department budgets, P.O. status, expenditures, etc.), based on pre-defined query parameters.
- Other Useful Queries
- OTPS Budget Overview and Expense Accounts - View Allocated Budget/Pre-encumbrances/Encumbrances/Expenditures/Available Budget by Department.
- PO with/without Voucher by Department - Presents the best overview of Requisition through Payment and includes the CUNY check number and date.
- Procurement Transactions - View all Requisitions/Purchase Orders/Receipts/Inspections by Department.
- Requisition through Payment - View details about Requisitions/Purchase Orders/Receipts/Invoices/Vouchers/State Payments by Department.
- Requisition and P.O. Status - View status of Requisitions and Purchase Orders by Department.
CUNYfirst Procurement - Business Procedures
- Expense Reimbursement (Employee and Non-Employee) - local travel, moving expenses, professional dues and publications, miscellaneous expenses, etc. - Revised Procedures Coming Soon
- Travel Authorization - Revised Procedures Coming Soon