FILE YOUR 2014-15 FAFSA NOW!
CUNYfirst is here! CUNYfirst and your financial aid
Financial aid for the summer? Yes! The Financial Aid Office administers federal and state funds, as well as those provided by special programs and the College itself, to ensure that you will have an opportunity to pursue higher education at CCNY. The office will work with you to combine scholarships, grants, loans, work opportunities and governmental benefits into a package to help meet the difference between the cost of college and the contributions you and your families are able to make.
See: Summer financial aid information and federal summer Pell forms.
Most of our award amounts are need based, and you will have to maintain good academic standing.
We urge you to apply for financial aid for each upcoming year before the priority deadline of March 15 each year. This site is designed to help you through that process, and we invite you to visit our office in person, email us at email@example.com or call us at (212) 650-6656.
The 2014-2015 FAFSA (Free Application for Financial Aid) is now available at www.fafsa.gov. Students and/or their parents should file a 2013 federal tax return (and a New York state tax return, if applicable) as soon as possible.
Using the "IRS Data Retrieval Tool" is the preferred way to enter your 2013 income information on to your 2014-15 FAFSA. You must wait for three (3) weeks after you have filed your federal tax return electronically or eight (8) weeks if you mailed it, before attempting to use the "IRS Data Retrieval Tool".
* Early FAFSA filers are more likely to receive the earliest Federal Work-Study, Federal SEOG and Federal Perkins loan awards, which will be made in April 2014.
- Net price calculator
Will I qualify for financial aid? (CUNY financial aid estimator)
- Graduate students may qualify for a TEACH Grant (Education majors only)
- Paying For College - A CUNY Guide to Financial Aid
- 2014-2015 CUNY Financial Aid Award Guide (For students who have received their 2014-15 financial aid awards)
- CUNY Scholar Support Card
Need money for your education? Visit www.fafsa.gov for the current application. City College of New York federal school code : 002688
Federal Student Aid Information
- Student Aid on the Web
- FastWeb FastWeb's free scholarship search includes more than 600,000 scholarships worth more than $1 billion. FastWeb is provided completely free and City College is a proud FastWeb member school. http://www.fastweb.com/
- NY State Higher Education Services Corporation
City College of New York school codes for New York state: Undergraduate - 1411
(Note: Effective with the 2010-11 academic year with the exception of veterans, graduate students can no longer receive TAP.)
Apply for New York state financial aid
- Important - Federal Financial Aid Updates
The priority deadline* was March 15, 2014, however, students should file their FAFSA as soon as possible.
(The final deadline for filing a 2014-15 FAFSA is May 16, 2015.)
Updated - 4/1/14