CCNY / Stanford Summer Research Program in the Humanities
SUMMER 2015 APPLICATION DEADLINE: MARCH 13, 2015
The Division of Humanities and the Arts announces the opening of the application for the annual summer research program, available to CCNY students. The CCNY/Stanford Summer Program is designed for students considering graduate school, and specifically doctoral research, in one of the Humanities disciplines. This program is not intended for those who are pursuing visual or performing arts.
Ten City College Humanities and the Arts students will spend eight weeks on the beautiful campus of Stanford University in Palo Alto, California. Stanford will match each CCNY student with a Stanford faculty member who will mentor the student's research project. Students will participate in a weekly seminar on the graduate application process and research in the Humanities. A free Graduate Record Exam (GRE) preparation course will be provided for those interested.
The students who are selected will receive up to $600 in travel expenses, room and board on the Stanford campus, a bicycle to commute on campus, and a $3,000 stipend.* The program will run from June 22 –August 15, 2015.
REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY
- Current junior, senior, or graduate student at CCNY
- Cumulative GPA of 3.2 at CCNY
- One-page letter of recommendation from a current full-time CCNY professor within your major
- Transcripts from all colleges attended
- Two short essays (details provided in application)
- Major must fall under the Division of Humanities and the Arts (excluding the visual and performing arts)