TECH Center Rules
TECHCenter staff can be identified by those wearing a grey vest. They are here to assist you.
- You are responsible for saving your work. We recommend storing your documents on a USB drive, e-mail or cloud service.
- The TECHCenter is not responsible for lost or stolen items, including devices, personal belongings, files, or documents.
- Your Citymail credentials will allow you to access e-mail, log in to Tech Center computers, wifi, print release stations, and WebCheckout.
- Please be considerate, speak quietly and keep your voice to a minimum.
- Cell phone usage is prohibited within the TECHCenter.
- Headphones must be used for any audio.
- Food and drinks are prohibited; water must be kept inside bags.
- Please remove your trash upon leaving.
- Chairs must be kept in their proper location, please return them to their station.
- Do not tamper with printers, if they are not functioning properly ask for assistance.
- Warnings are issued 30 minutes in advance of any TECHCenter closings. Printers are shut off 10 minutes prior to closin
- Study Rooms are available Monday - Friday, 9am - 8pm, until 8:45pm unless otherwise posted.
- Reservation are for 45 minutes, 1 hour 45 minutes or 2 hour 45 minutes.
- Extensions are not guaranteed, but are based on availability and demand. For individual Study Rooms, see reservation desk staff. For Media Study Rooms, you may have a room member make an advanced reservation for consecutive hours in the same room.
- All study room reservations are only available to current CCNY students, with a validated CCNY ID and registered with WebCheckout.
- Valid CCNY ID is required for WebCheckout registration and access to a Study Room.
- All reservations are subject to availability, based on a first-come, first-served basis.
- All reservations must be checked in at the Reservation Desk prior to admittance.
- Please confirm checkout with Reservation Desk.
- Access to Study Rooms are provided by TECHCenter staff.
- Advanced reservations start at the top of the hour and can be created up to 10 minutes prior to start time.
- There is a 15-minute grace period before an advance reservation is automatically canceled.
- You may check in to your advanced reservation 45 minutes ahead of time if your room is available (ex: a 2:00 PM reservation can be checked in as early as 1:15PM)
- Each Mac or PC Study Room is limited to 1 or 2 occupants per room, reservations are per table.
- Each Media Study Room has a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 6 occupants per room, each with no more than 1 CCNY affiliated staff member, also registered with WebCheckout. Check- ins require the minimum of 3 occupants to be present at time of check-in.
- Dry erase markers and erasers are available. CCNY ID cards will be held at the reservation desk until the markers and erasers are returned.
- Laptops are available for use in a Media Study Room only with a maximum of four laptops per room. CCNY ID cards will held at the reservation desk for the duration of the reservation, until the laptops are returned.
• Study Rooms are generally available Monday - Friday, 9am - 8pm, until 8:45pm unless otherwise posted.
• Each Mac or PC Study Room is limited to 1 or 2 participants/occupants.
• Each Media Study Room is limited to 3 to 6 participants.
• All Study Room patrons, both reservers and guests, must be registered in WebCheckout.
• Study Rooms are available only to current CCNY students to reserve.
• Each guest of a reserver for a Media Study Room must be a current CCNY student, faculty, or staff member with valid CCNY ID and registered in WebCheckout.
• Valid CCNY ID is required for WebCheckout registration and access to a Study Room.
• All reservations are subject to resource availability.
• Availability of Study Rooms are on a first-come, first-served basis.
• All Study Rooms must be checked out at the Reservation Desk prior to entering a Study Room.
• Access to Study Rooms are provided by TECH Center staff.
• Advance reservations are available at the top of an hour and can be made up to 15 minutes in advance.
• There is a 15-minute grace period before an advance reservation is released.
• Walk-in reservation requests can be made at the TECH Center's Reservation Desk.
• Advance reservations are given priority at the Reservation Desk over walk-in reservation requests for processing.
• Study Rooms that have been unoccupied for more than 10 minutes during a scheduled reservation will be released from the reserver and made available to others.
• Laptop requests can also be made at the at the TECH Center's Reservation Desk.
• Laptops are available for use in a Media Study Room only and are limited to the number of participants during a reservation.
• CCNY ID cards will be collected from patrons who choose to borrow a TECH Center laptop for use during their Media Study Room reservation.
• Food or drinks are not allowed in the TECH Center, including its Study Rooms.
• Do not move or rearrange furniture except the chair at which you are seated.
• Do not leave personal property unattended at the TECH Center.