TECH Center Rules
TECHCenter staff can be identified by those wearing a grey vest. They are here to assist you.
- You are responsible for saving your work. We recommend storing your documents on a USB drive, e-mail or cloud service.
- The TECHCenter is not responsible for lost or stolen items, including devices, personal belongings, files, or documents.
- Your Citymail credentials will allow you to access e-mail, log in to Tech Center computers, wifi, print release stations, and WebCheckout.
- Please be considerate, speak quietly and keep your voice to a minimum.
- Cell phone usage is prohibited within the TECHCenter.
- Headphones must be used for any audio.
- Food and drinks are prohibited; water must be kept inside bags.
- Please remove your trash upon leaving.
- Chairs must be kept in their proper location, please return them to their station.
- Do not tamper with printers, if they are not functioning properly ask for assistance.
- Warnings are issued 30 minutes in advance of any TECHCenter closings. Printers are shut off 10 minutes prior to closing.
- Study Rooms are available Monday - Friday, 9am - 8pm, until 8:45pm unless otherwise posted.
- Reservations are for 45 minutes, 1 hour 45 minutes or 2 hour 45 minutes.
- Extensions are not guaranteed, but are based on availability and demand. For individual Study Rooms, see Reservation Desk staff. For Media Study Rooms, you may have a room member make an advanced reservation for consecutive hours in the same room.
- All study room reservations are only available to current CCNY students, with a validated CCNY ID and registered with WebCheckout.
- Valid CCNY ID is required for WebCheckout registration and access to a Study Room.
- All reservations are subject to availability, based on a first-come, first-served basis.
- All reservations must be checked in at the Reservation Desk prior to admittance.
- Please confirm checkout with Reservation Desk.
- Access to Study Rooms is provided by the TECHCenter staff.
- Advanced reservations start at the top of the hour and can be created up to 10 minutes prior to start time.
- There is a 15-minute grace period before an advance reservation is automatically canceled.
- You may check in to your advanced reservation 45 minutes ahead of time if your room is available (ex: a 2:00 PM reservation can be checked in as early as 1:15PM)
- Each Mac or PC Study Room is limited to 1 or 2 occupants per room, reservations are per table.
- Each Media Study Room has a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 6 occupants per room, each with no more than 1 CCNY affiliated staff member, also registered with WebCheckout. Check- ins require the minimum of 3 occupants to be present at time of check-in.
- Dry erase markers and erasers are available. CCNY ID cards will be held at the Reservation Desk until the markers and erasers are returned.
- Laptops are available for use in a Media Study Room only with a maximum of four laptops per room. CCNY ID cards will held at the Reservation Desk for the duration of the reservation, until the laptops are returned.