Post-Baccalaureate Eligibility Requirements
Admission to the program as a Post-Baccalaureate student is a two-step process: you must first complete the City University Transfer Application and apply online as a second-degree, undergraduate transfer student. Students are encouraged to apply directly online. The link to apply online is here:The second part of the admissions process requires that you submit the following documents:
- The Program in Premedical Studies Secondary Application: Post-Baccalaureate Application.
- Two letters of recommendation - Letters of recommendation can either be included with your application or sent separately to the Director of the program. Letters do not necessarily have to be from faculty; anyone who you feel can provide us with a recommendation as to why they feel you would make a good candidate for this program as well as for professional school would suffice.
Please note: due to the high instances of forged letters of recommendation, letters of recommendation must be written on your recommender's department/institution/company letterhead and they must be signed.
- A current cv/resume;
- A personal statement. Students are asked to respond to the following question: "Please describe your professional goals. Include in this description a discussion of the factors and experiences which contributed to their formulation."
- An official transcript(s) from the college/university(s) you received your bachelor's degree, with the notion that you have been officially graduated with a final, cumulative GPA.
Please note that a minimum 2.8 cumulative undergraduate grade point average is required for admission to the program.Any application received with a final, cumulative GPA of less than 2.8 will not be considered.
- Post-baccalaureate students do not have separate sections of math and science courses. They register for the same courses as our undergraduate students;
- Priority registration is always given to undergraduate students. As a result, registration for math and science courses for our post-baccalaureate/2nd degree students will represent a challenge.
- The Program in Premedical Studies at The City College of New York post-baccalaureate program is a program for career changers. If you are researching a post-baccalaureate program to enhance your undergraduate science grades, this is not the program for you.
- The program in Premedical Studies cannot support students who are applying to the following programs: Nursing, Physician's Assistant, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Public Health or Pharmacy.
- All post-baccalaureate students must demonstrate that they have completed Pre-calculus before they will be permitted to register for any science courses. If a post-baccalaureate student cannot provide evidence that they have successfully completed Pre-calculus, (ie, a transcript) they will be required to take the Math Placement Test PRIOR to their Orientation/Registration tot he college.
- If the test determines that you are not currently testing at the Pre-calculus level you will NOT be permitted to register for any science courses.
- No post-baccalaureate student will receive a committee letter from the Director of the Premedical Studies Program who has earned fewer than 24 City College science credits;
- All post-baccalaureate students must also maintain a 3.2 grade point average to remain in the program.
All materials must be received by the Premedical Studies Office by the following:
- Fall Semester: August 1
- Spring Semester: December 1
- Summer Semester: May 1