Faculty and Staff Profiles
Grove School of EngineeringDepartment
Steinman Hall ST - 222
p: (212) 650-5678
f: (212) 650-8013
- Postdoctorate (B.M.E.) 2010, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Ph.D. (M.E.) 2007, University of Toronto
- MA.Sc. (M.E.) 1997, Amirkabir (Polytechnic) University of Technology
- B.Sc. (M.E.) 1994, Sharif University of Technology
- ME 24600: Engineering Mechanics I (Statics)
- ME 24700: Engineering Mechanics II (Dynamics)
- ME 33000: Mechanics of Materials
- ME 46300: Micro and Nano Technology
- ME 57100: Mechanism Design
- ME G0500: Mechanical Vibrations
- Solid Mechanics Field including: Design and Optimization, Fracture Mechanics and Fatigue,Computational Mechanics, Composite Materials, and Micromechanical Systems.
- Bioengineering Field including: Cellular/Tissue Mechanics, Microfabrication, Bio-mimetic NanoMaterials, and Molecular Dynamics.
Selective Publications :
- P. Honarmandi, H. Lee, M. J. Lang, and R. D. Kamm, "A Microfluidic System with Optical Laser Tweezers To Study Mechanotransduction and Focal Adhesion Recruitment", DOI:10.1039/C0LC00487A, Lab on Chip, 2011.
- P. Honarmandi, J. W. Zu, and K. Behdinan "Analytical Study and Design Characteristics of Scratch Drive Actuators", J of Sensors & Actuators: A. Physical, 160: 116-124, 2010.
- P. Honarmandi et al., "Milling Media Effects on Synthesis, Morphology and Structural Characteristics of Single-Crystal Hydroxyapatite Nanoparticles", Advances in Applied Ceramics: Structural, Functional and Bioceramics, 109(2): 117-122, 2010.
- P. Honarmandi, P. Bransford, and R. D. Kamm, "Mechanical Properties of -Helices Estimated Using Molecular Dynamics and Finite Element Simulations", ASME International Mechanical Engineering Congress & Exposition - Computational Bio-fluid and Bio-structural Mechanics, IMECE2008-69058, 7 pages, Boston, Nov 1-6, 2008.
- A. Sloboda, and P. Honarmandi, "Generalized Elasticity Method for Curved Beam Stress Analysis: Analytical and Numerical Comparisons for a Lifting Hook", Mechanics Based Design of Structures and Machines, 35(3): 319-332, 2007.
- P. Honarmandi, J. W. Zu, and K. Behdinan, "Probabilistic-Based Design Optimization of Cantilever Beams under Fatigue Constraint", AIAA Journal, 45(11): 2737-2746, 2007
- P. Honarmandi, A.M. Sadegh, "Modeling and Impact Analysis of Football Helmets: Toward Mitigating mTBI", ASME International Mechanical Engineering Congress & Exposition - Biomedical & Biotechnology, IMECE2012-87173, 9 pages, Houston, Nov 9-15, 2012.