Samir A. Ahmed
Herbert Kayser Professor
Grove School of EngineeringDepartment
Steinman Hall T-553
p: (212) 650-5459
f: (212) 650-8249
Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, University College London, 1959.
B.A., Engineering, Cambridge University, England, 1956.
Lasers and their applications remote sensing optical communications
- K-H Szekielda, C. Gobler, Barry Gross, F. Moshary, and S. Ahmed, “Reflectance Changes in Near-Coastal Waters”, Seventh International Conference Remote Sensing for Marine and Coastal Environment, May 2002 (invited paper), Miami, Florida.
- Y. Zhang, K-H Szekielda, B. Gross, F. Moshary, and S. Ahmed, “Microbacterial Mats in a Marsh Environment”, First Hydrophytic Vegetation Workshop, Atlantic City, NJ March 2002.
- “Analysis of an iterative multiwavelength lidar scheme to determine vertically inhomogeneous aerosol profiles”. Barry Gross, Ben Herman, Fred Moshary, Samir Ahmed, International Laser Radar Conference ILRC Quebec (2002).
- “Regional East Atmospheric Lidar Mesonet: REALM”, with R. M. Hoff et al., International Laser Radar Conference ILRC Quebec (2002).
- “ Ocean Color Spectrum” : Featured Contribution. Karl-Heinz Szekielda, Samir Ahmed, Barry Gross, Jorge Peche and Yiping Zhang Backscatter, the journal of the Association of Marine Remote Sensing (AMRS). 18 (2002).
- " Analysis of a Multi-angle FOV Forward Scattering Probe," Barry Gross, Fred Moshary, Yiping Zhang, Samir Ahmed, Lidar Remote Sensing for Industry and Environment Monitoring II, Upendra N. Singh, Editor, Proceedings of SPIE Vol. 4484, 55 (2001).
- K-H Szekielda, Y. Zhang, F. Moshary, and S. Ahmed, “Spectral Properties of Suspended and Dissolved Material in Long Island Sound”. Proceedings of the Fifth Marine and Estuarine Shallow Water Science and Management Conference, Atlantic City, NJ (2000).
- “ A comparison of methods to estimate particle size distribution parameters and associated errors from multiwavelength optical coefficients”; Conference on Lasers and Electrooptics (CLEO 2000) TOPS 40 138 B. Herman, B. M. Gross, F. Moshary, and S. A. Ahmed
- "Infrared imaging of buried objects by thermal step-function excitations" P. Li, A. Maad, F. Moshary, M. Arend, & S. Ahmed, Applied Optics, Vol. 34, No. 25, pp5809-16, Sept. 1995
- "Solid State DIAL for the Remote Sensing of Ambient Air Pollutants”, C.A. Smith, J.S. Gergely, J.A. Trainham, F. Moshary & S.Ahmed, Tunable Diode Laser Spectroscopy, SPIE Proceedings Vol. 2112, Bellingham, WA (1994)
- "Imaging objects hidden in scattering media using a fluorescence absorption technique" K.M.Yoo, Zhi-Wei Zhang, S.A.Ahmed and R.R. Alfano, Optics Letters, Vol.16,No.16, August 1991
- "A Detailed Comparison of Overall Performance of 980 and 1480 nm Pumped EDFA Cascades in WDM Multiple Access Lightwave Networks" M. Ali, A.F. Elrefaie, R.E. Wagner, & S. Ahmed, Journal of Lightwave Technology, Vol. 14, No. 6, June 1996.
- "Infrared Pyroelectric Sensors For Detection of Vehicular Traffic Using Dig. Signal Proc. Tech", T. Hussain, T. Saadawi & S. Ahmed. ," IEEE Trans. Vehicular Tech., pp. 683-690, August 1995