Grove School of EngineeringDepartment
North Academic Center 8 / 210
p: (212) 650-8799
f: (212) 650-6248
Professor Zhu joined the Department of Computer Science at City College of City University of New York in 2002 where he is currently a full professor. From 1998 to 2002, he was a Senior Research Fellow at University of Massachusetts at Amherst. Prior to that, he was an associate professor and the director of Information Processing and Application Division of the Department of Computer Science and Technology at Tsinghua University, China.
Dr Zhu's research interests include computer vision, multimodal sensing, robot perception and augmented reality. He is Director of the City College Visual Computing Laboratory (CcvcL), and Co-Director of the Center for Perceptual Robotics, Intelligent Sensors and Machines (PRISM) at CCNY. He has published over 100 papers in the related fields.
Prof. Zhu is an Associate Editor of Machine Vision and Applications Journal, Springer, a Senior Member of the IEEE and a Senior Member of the ACM. He was Program Co-Chair of the IEEE Workshop on Image and Video Registration 2004, co-guest editor of the special issue on Modeling and Representations of Large Scale 3D Scenes, Int. J. Computer Vision, Springer, and Co-General Chair of the 2007 IEEE Workshop on Multimodal Sentient Computing, in conjunction with CVPR 2007 in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Website
- Ph.D. (CS, with honor ), Tsinghua University, China, 1997
- M.E (CS), Tsinghua University, China, 1991
- B.E. (CS, with honor), Tsinghua University, China, 1988
- CSC I6716 Computer Vision
- CSC 21200 Data Structures
- GC CSc80000 Seminar, 3D Computer Vision and Video Computing
Professor Zhu's interesta include: - Computer Vision - Multimodal Sensing - Robot Perception - Augmented Reality Current Professional Affiliations IEEE ACM
* Z. Zhu, Mobile Sensors for Security and Surveillance, Journal of Applied Security Research, the Haworth Press, vol 4, no 1&2:79–100, January 2009
* Zhigang Zhu and Thomas S. Huang (eds), Multimodal Surveillance: Sensors, Algorithms and Systems, ISBN-10: 1596931841, Artech House Publisher, July 2007
* Z. Zhu, G. Wolberg, J. R. Layne, Dynamic pushbroom stereo vision for surveillance and inspection, Chapter 8 in 3D Imaging for Safety and Security , eds. A. Koschan, M. Pollefeys, and M. Abidi, Kluwer/Springer, August 2007, pp 173-200.
* Y. Feng, Z. Zhu, J. Xiao, Self-Localization of a Heterogeneous Multi-Robot Team in Constrained 3D Space, IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, Oct 29 - Nov 2, 2007, San Diego, CA, USA
* Z. Zhu, Y.-C. Hu, Stereo Matching and 3D Visualization for Gamma-Ray Cargo Inspection, Proceedings of the Eighth IEEE Workshop on Applications of Computer Vision, Feb 21st-22nd, 2007, Austin, Texas, USA
* Zhigang Zhu, Allen Hanson, Mosaic-based 3D scene representation and rendering, Signal Processing: Image Communication, Special Issue on Interactive Representation of Still and Dynamic Scenes, Elsevier, vol 21, no 6, Oct, 2006, pp. 739-754.
* W. Li, M. Liu, Z. Zhu and T. Huang, LDV Remote Voice Acquisition and Enhancement, International Conference on Pattern Recognition (ICPR'06), Hong Kong, China, August 2006, pp. 262 - 265
* Z. Zhu. G. Xu, E. Riseman and A. Hanson, Fast Construction of Dynamic and Multi-Resolution 360-degree Panoramas from Video Sequences. Image & Vision Computing Journal, Volume 24, Issue 1, January 2006, pp 13-26
* Z. Zhu, E. M. Riseman, A. R. Hanson and H. Schultz, An Efficient Method for Geo-Referenced Video Mosaicing for Environmental Monitoring. Machine Vision Applications Journal, 16(4), September 2005, pp 203-126
* Z. Zhu, G. Xu and X. Lin, Efficient Fourier-Based Approach for Detecting Orientations and Occlusions in Epipolar Plane Images for 3D Scene Modeling, International Journal of Computer Vision, 61 (3): 233-258, February - March, 2005
* Z. Zhu, E. M. Riseman, A. R. Hanson, Generalized Parallel-Perspective Stereo Mosaics from Airborne Videos, IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 26, no. 2, Feb 2004, pp 226-237.
* Z. Zhu, G. Xu and X. Lin, Efficient Fourier-Based Approach for Detecting Orientations and Occlusions in Epipolar Plane Images for 3D Scene Modeling, International Journal of Computer Vision, 2004 (in press).
* Z. Zhu, and A. R. Hanson, LAMP: 3D Layered, Adaptive-resolution and Multi-perspective Panorama - a New Scene Representation, Computer Vision and Image Understanding, Special Issue on Model-based and Image-based 3D Scene Representation for Interactive Visualization, 2004(in press)
* Z. Zhu, E. M. D. Karuppiah, Riseman, A. R. Hanson, Dynamic Mutual Calibration and View Planning for Cooperative Mobile Robots with Panoramic Virtual Stereo Vision, Computer Vision and Image Understanding , 2004 ( in press)
* Z. Zhu, E. M. Riseman, A. R. Hanson, Parallel-perspective stereo mosaics, The Eighth IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision, Vancouver, Canada, July 2001, vol I, 345-352.
* Z. Zhu, A. R. Hanson, 3D LAMP: a New Layered Panoramic Representation, The Eighth IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision, Vancouver, Canada, July 2001, vol II, 723-730