Faculty and Staff Profiles
Associate Medical Professor
Sophie Davis School of Biomedical EducationDepartment
Harris Hall 404-B
EducationB.S., 1990, Brown University
M.D., 1994, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
M.P.H., 1999, Columbia University School of Public Health
Courses TaughtMED 53900 - Clinical Decision Making and Evidence Based Medicine - Course Director
- Lubetkin EI, et al. GI complications after orthotopic lung transplantation. The American Journal of Gastroenterology 1996. 91: 2382-2390.
- Lubetkin EI, Krackov SK, Storey-Johnson C. The use of questionnaires to assess achievement of course goals in medical students' longitudinal community-based clinical experiences. Academic Medicine 1999. 74: 1316-1319.
- Lubetkin EI, Gold MR. Comprehensibility of measures of health-related quality of life in minority and low-income patients. Journal of the National Medical Association 2002; 94:327-335.
- Lubetkin EI, Sofaer S, Gold MR, Berger ML, Murray JF, Teutsch SM. Performance measurement to maximize individual and population health: is that where we are going? American Journal of Public Health 2003; 93: 406-411.
- Lubetkin EI, Jia H, Gold MR. Use of the SF-36 in low-income Chinese American primary care patients. Medical Care 2003; 41: 447-457.
- Lubetkin EI, Jia H, Gold MR. Depression, anxiety, and associated health status in low-income Chinese patients. American Journal of Preventive Medicine 2003 24: 354-60.
- Franks P, Lubetkin EI, Gold MR, Tancredi DJ. Mapping the SF-12 to preference-based instruments: convergent validity in a low-income minority population. Medical Care 2003; 4:1277-1283.
- Lubetkin EI, Gold MR. Areas of decrement in health-related quality of life (HRQL): Comparing the SF-12, EQ-5D, and HUI 3. Quality of Life Research 2003; 12: 1059-1067.
- Jia H, Muennig P, Lubetkin EI, Gold MR. Geographic patterns and county characteristics for physical and mental unhealthy days. Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health 2004; 58: 150-155.
- Franks P, Lubetkin EI, Gold MR, Tancredi DJ, Jia H. Mapping the SF-12 to the EuroQol EQ-5D Index in a national U.S. sample. Medical Decision Making 2004; 2: 257-264.
- Jia H, Santana A, Lubetkin EI.Journal of Ambulatory Care Management 2004; 27: 314-327.
- Lubetkin EI, Jia H, Gold MR. Construct validity of the EQ-5D in low-income Chinese American primary care patients. Quality of Life Research 2004; 8: 1459-1468.
- Jia H, Lubetkin EI. The impact of obesity on health-related quality-of-life in the general adult U.S. population. Journal of Public Health 2005; 27: 156-164.
- Muennig P, Franks P, Jia H, Lubetkin E, Gold M. The income-associated burden of disease in the United States. Social Science and Medicine 2005; 61: 2018-2026.
- Lubetkin EI, Jia H, Franks P, Gold MR. Relationship between sociodemographics and clinical conditions in health-related quality of life: examining the EQ-5D in the U.S. general population. Quality of Life Research 2005; 14: 2187-2196
- Franks P, Muennig P, Lubetkin E, Jia H. The burden of disease associated with being African-American in the United States and the contribution of socio-economic status. Social Science and Medicine 2006; 62: 2469-2478
- Muennig P, Lubetkin E, Jia H, Franks P. Gender and burden of disease due to obesity. American Journal of Public Health2006; 96: 1662-1668.
- Franks P, Lubetkin E, Melinkow J. Do personal and societal preferences differ by socio-demographic group? Health Economics 2007; 16: 319-325.
- Lubetkin EI, Santana A, Tso A, Jia H. Predictors of cancer screening among low-income primary care patients. Journal of Health Care for the Poor and Underserved 2008; 19: 135-148.
- Muennig P, Jia H, Lee R, Lubetkin EI. I think therefore I am: perceived ideal weight as a determinant of health. American Journal of Public Health 2008; 98:501-506
- Jia H, Lubetkin EI, Moriarty DG, Zack MM. A comparison of Healthy Days and EuroQol EQ-5D Measures in two US adult samples. Applied Research in Quality of Life 2007;2: 209-221.
- Muennig P, Jia H, Lee R, Lubetkin EI. Do psychosocial health risks explain the relationship between body mass index and health? American Journal of Public Health 2008; 98: 501-506.
- Jia H, Lubetkin EI. Estimating EuroQol EQ-5D scores from population Healthy Days data. Medical Decision Making 2008; 28: 491-499.
- Sohler N, Lubetkin EI, Levy J, Soghomonian C, Rimmerman A. Factors associated with obesity and coronary heart disease in people with intellectual disabilities. Social Work in Health Care. 2009; 48:76-89.
- Hung DY, Lubetkin EI, Fahs MC, Shelley DR. Assessing the impact of behavioral risk factors and known-groups validity of the SF-12 in a US Chinese immigrant population. Med Care. 2009; 47: 262-267.
- Jia H, Lubetkin EI. Time trends and seasonal patterns of health-related quality-of-life among US adults. Public Health Rep. 2009; 124: 692-701.
- Jia H, Lubetkin EI. The statewide burden of obesity, smoking, and low income in the United States. Journal of Public Health (Oxf). 2009; 31: 496-505.
- Jia H, Lubetkin EI. Trends in quality-adjusted life years lost contributed by smoking and obesity. American Journal of Preventive Medicine. 2010; 38(2):138-44.
- Lubetkin EI, Lu WH, Krebs P, Yeung H, Ostroff JS. Exploring primary care providers' interest in using patient navigators to assist in the delivery of tobacco cessation treatment to low income, ethnic/racial minority patients. Journal of Community Health. 2010; 35(6):618-24.
- Lubetkin EI, Lu WH, Gold MR. Levels and correlates of patient activation in health center settings: building strategies for improving health outcomes. Journal of Healthcare for the Poor and Underserved. 2010; 21(3):796-808.
- Jia H, Lubetkin EI. Obesity-related quality-adjusted life years lost in the U.S. from 1993 to 2008. American Journal of Preventive Medicine. 2010; 39(3): 220-227.
- Jia H, Lubetkin EI. Recent trends and geographic patterns of the burden of disease attributable to smoking. Value in Health. 2010; 13(8):958-64.
- Janssen MF, Lubetkin EI, Sekhobo JP, Pickard AS. The Use of the EQ-5D Preference-Based Health Status Measure in Adults with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. Diabetic Medicine. 2011; 28(4):395-413.
- Ostroff JS, Shuk E, Krebs P, Lu WH, Burkhalter J, Cortez-Weir J, Rodriguez R, Burnside VN, Lubetkin EI. Qualitative evaluation of a new tobacco cessation training curriculum for patient navigators. Journal of Cancer Education. 2011; 26:427-435.
- Burkhalter JE, Cahill S, Shuk E, Guidry J, Corner G, Berk A, Candelario N, Kornegay M, Lubetkin EI. At the intersection of HIV/AIDS and cancer: a qualitative needs assessment of community-based HIV service organizations. Health Education and Behavior. 2013; 40(4): 493-503.
- Jia H, Lubetkin EI. Comparing quality-adjusted life expectancy at different levels of physical activity. Journal of Physical Activity and Health. 2013 Jan 30 [Epub ahead of print]
- Lubetkin EI. Zabor EC, Brennessel D, Kemeny MM, Hay JL. Beyond demographics: differences in patient activation across new immigrant, diverse language subgroups. Journal of Community Health. 2013 Aug 7. [Epub ahead of print]
- Craig BM, Pickard AS, Lubetkin EI. More common, but less severe: differences between EQ-5D 3-level, youth, and 5-level versions. Journal of Clinical Epidemiology—in press.