The MPA program provides students and alumni with the tools and information necessary to build successful careers in public service. Career services include:
- One-on-one counseling on career plans, resumes, interviewing, and job searches
- Access to jobs, fellowships, and internships
- Access to alumni
- Workshops and online resources for resumes, cover letters, and interviewing
- Career networking events and job fairs
- Comprehensive two-year career development program
Career Development Program
The career development program involves a mandatory two-year set of carefully structured and sequenced activities designed to help students assess their interests, identify their strengths and weaknesses, explore career options, set career goals, and develop the skills required for successful job searches (see detailed list and timeline of activities). Students also learn to make career-conscious decisions when approaching courses, internships, and capstone projects.
Finding Jobs and InternshipsThe MPA program maintains a website of resources for finding jobs and internships, including job vacancy announcements, resume guides, and other helpful information. Also, prospective students can learn about where MPA graduates get jobs. The website is at www.jobsmpaccny.org. Password protected parts of the website may be accessed by contacting the Director of Career Services (see below)."
Assistant Director for Student Programs
Shepard Hall Room 1