Research Centers and Institutes
Every day, City College faculty are contributing to new knowledge in their areas of expertise.
Their research is funded by prestigious and highly competitive grants in fields that range from science and engineering to the liberal arts.
City College boasts eighteen research centers and institutes – many of them City University centers whose lead institution is City College – and all of them multidisciplinary. They are funded by prestigious and highly competitive grants. And they offer advanced research education to students at the undergraduate, master’s and doctoral levels.
- Benjamin Levich Institute For Physico-Chemical Hydrodynamics
- Center For Algorithms And Interactive Scientific Software (CAISS)
- Center for Advanced Engineering Design and Development (CAEDD)
- Center For Analysis Of Structures And Interfaces (CASI)
- Center For Discovery and Innovation
- Center For Exploitation Of Nanostructures In Sensors And Energy Systems (CENSES)
- Center For Information Networking And Telecommunications (CINT)
- Center For Metamaterials
- CUNY Center For Advanced Technology
- CUNY Dominican Institute
- CUNY Energy Institute
- CUNY Institute For Macromolecular Assemblies
- Institute For Municipal Waste Research
- CUNY Institute For Transportation Systems
- CUNY Institute For Urban Systems (CIUS)
- Institute For Ultrafast Spectroscopy And Lasers (IUSL)
- New York Center For Biomedical Engineering (NYCBE)
- NOAA-Cooperative Remote Sensing Science And Technology
- Research Center For Minority Institutions (RCMI)
- University Transportation Research Center (UTRC)