Office of Public Safety
St. Nicholas Terrace parking spots south of 135th Street have been restored to the levels available on April 9, 2014.
As always, please make sure you look carefully at all street signs before you park.
Except for for mail-in applications, payments MUST be made at the Bursar's office.
PERMITS FOR JANUARY 2014 TO JUNE 30, 2014
ARE AVAILABLE NOW
To pick up your permit please bring your original Bursar's receipt to the Public Safety Office, NAC 4/201, along with your completed parking application and the required documentation.
Download the Parking Permit Application FormPOLICY:
STUDENT PARKING: There is no general student parking available. Paid Parking may be offered to students with disabilities who have a New York State or NYC issued disabled parking permit or license plate.
- South Campus Parking Lot; the entrance is at 133rd and Convent Avenue.
- NAC Parking Lot; the entrance is just off Amsterdam Avenue at 135th Street.
- St. Nicholas Terrace on the East side of the street in the designated areas between 140th Street and 134th Street for faculty members with permits . PLEASE READ ALL STREET SIGNS BEFORE YOU PARK. THESE PERMITS ARE LIMITED IN NUMBER AND ONCE THEY ARE GONE NO MORE WILL BE AVAILABLE UNTIL THE NEXT PARKING PERIOD.
- The South Campus parking lot is available everyday for 24 hours each day (restrictions apply).
- The NAC lot is open from 6:30 am until 10:30 pm - Monday through Friday.
- Parking along St. Nicholas Terrace is authorized by the City of New York from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm Monday through Friday.
Permits are valid for an entire year (July 1 to June 30) but they are issued twice in a year. The first permit is valid from July 1 to December 31. The second permit is valid from January 1 to June 30. We do this so if you choose you can pay for your permit in 2 equal installments.
There are five (5) types of permits:
- General parking permits ($600) are available to all faculty and staff and are good for either the South Campus lot or the NAC lot.
- St. Nicholas Terrace parking permits are free to all faculty and staff (Please note that there will be a limited number of St. Nicholas Terrace parking permits available. Faculty and staff may obtain both General and St. Nicholas Terrace parking permits simultaneously).
- Reserved parking permits ($700) are limited and are for the NAC lot. If reserved parking spaces are not utilized by 10 am by the permit holder they will be made available to General Parking permit holders on a first come first served basis. Reserved Permit holders must call before 10:00 am if they intend to be late in order to have their space held. Due to limited space, reserved parking permits will be limited to certain pre-authorized Officers and Deans of the College and to specific faculty and staff whose daily responsibilities justify a reserved space.
- Evening parking permits ($300) are available for parking after 3 PM to all faculty and staff for either the South Campus lot or the NAC lot.
- Motorcycle parking permits ($250) are available to all faculty and staff for the NAC lot.
- There are designated spaces for Faculty, Staff and Students with disabilities in the NAC lot who have federal, state and/or NYC issued handicapped parking permits and/or license plates. These permits cost the same as the regular parking permits listed above.
TO APPLY FOR A PERMIT:
Permit applications are available at the CCNY Public Safety Department located in NAC 4/201. You can also download and print one by clicking on the link at the bottom of this page.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS (ALL FOUR DOCUMENTS ARE REQUIRED):
Permit applications must be submitted to the Office of Public Safety, along with a copy of:
- Applicant's driver's license
- Vehicle registration(s)
- Proof of insurance for each vehicle
- A currently validated CCNY ID card
YOU MAY ALSO MAIL YOUR COMPLETED APPLICATION ALONG WITH A COPY OF THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS AND A SELF ADDRESSED STAMPED ENVELOPE TO:
CCNY PUBLIC SAFETY PARKING
160 Convent Avenue
New York, NY 10031
160 Convent Avenue
New York, NY 10031
PARK AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE COLLEGE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THEFT, LOSS OR DAMAGES.
- PARK AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE COLLEGE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THEFT, LOSS OR DAMAGES.
- Payment for the permits must accompany the application and be made by check or money order (US Currency). Cash payments must be made at the Bursars Office and the original receipt of payment must be included with the application. Credit cards will not be accepted as payment.
- Requests for permits after the beginning of the permit year will be based on the remaining number of months in the permit year starting with the first day of the month within which the permit is issued.
- Refunds if requested will be based on the remaining whole months in the permit year.
- Permits MUST be clearly displayed on your rear view mirror (it is a removable hang tag). Please remove the hang tag before you drive the vehicle.
- Parking permits are NOT TRANSFERABLE. You cannot lend, give away or sell them. They are for the sole use of the driver and the vehicle(s) listed on the permit application only. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Additional Resources to view and download:
Parking Permit Application
Parking Permit Rules and Regulations
NYC Cycling Rules
Live Parking Information Monday to Friday 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM: (212) 650-7183