WE IN THE PERMIT PERIOD
JANUARY 1 TO JUNE 30, 2016
PARKING DESK - NAC 4/201
OUR HOURS ARE 9:30 AM TO 4:30 PM MONDAY TO FRIDAY
Please feel free to email email@example.com with any questions or concerns.
WHAT'S NEW: Students can now purchase an evening permit for $300 a year or $150 for a half year (We do not sell Summer Only permits nor do we sell by the day or month). Evening permits are valid from 3:00 PM to 10:30 PM weekdays.
COMMENCEMENT PARKING RESTRICTIONS
Due to security restrictions on Commencement Day parking in the NAC Lot, South Campus Lot and on St. Nicholas Terrace will be suspended. Permit holders and guests alike should use public transportation or arrange for parking in public garages or on the streets that surround the College. Any unauthorized vehicle parked in the following locations after Thursday, June 2 at 12:00 AM risks being towed by the New York City Police Department:
The NAC lot
On South Campus
On St. Nicholas Terrace between 141st and 130th Streets
On Convent Avenue between 141st and 133rd Streets
West 135th Street between Amsterdam and St. Nicholas Terrace
Thank you in advance for your cooperation and understanding,
The City College Parking Desk
PERMIT SALES START WEDNESDAY MAY 4TH AT 9:00 AM
We will start selling day parking permits Wednesday, may 4 at 9:00 AM for the period July 1, 2016 to December 2016 and distributing St. Nicholas Terrace parking permits for the period July 1, 2016 to June 30, 2017. We will do this until we reach the allocated number available.
PROCEDURE: Please go to the parking web page (https://www.ccny.cuny.edu/safety/parking.cfm) then fill in and print the parking permit form; while you are there please read the rules and regulations.
You will then bring the filled in form, your paid original Bursar’s receipt, your valid Faculty or Staff CCNY ID card, your driver’s license, the vehicle registration which should be in your name and the car insurance card to the Public Safety Department, NAC 4/201 between 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM weekdays.
The Bursar accepts cash, checks or money orders only.
Download the Parking Permit Application Form
HOW TO APPLY FOR A PERMIT:
Permit applications are available at the CCNY Public Safety Department located in NAC 4/201. You can also download and print one by clicking on the link above.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS (ALL FOUR DOCUMENTS ARE REQUIRED):
Permit applications must be submitted to the Office of Public Safety, along with a copy of:
- Applicant's driver's license
- Vehicle registration
- Proof of insurance for each vehicle
- A currently validated permit appropriate CCNY ID card
Applicants must have a valid CCNY e-mail address in order to qualify for a permit.
Payments MUST be made at the Bursar's office. To pick up your permit please bring your original Bursar's receipt to the Public Safety Office, NAC 4/201 Monday to Friday from 9:30 AM TO 4:30 PM, along with your completed parking application and the required documentation. The Bursar accepts cash, checks or money orders only.
WE CAN NO LONGER ACCEPT MAIL IN APPLICATIONS FOR PARKING.
- PARK AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE COLLEGE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THEFT, LOSS OR DAMAGES.
- Parking may be suspended or delayed due to snow removal or other exigent reasons.
- Parking spaces are very limited and are not always immediately available. On a high use day you may have to wait for a spot.
- Overnight parking on campus is prohibited unless one is at work (i.e.. Physical Plant workers, Public Safety Officers, Researchers who work after normal business hours, etc).
- All of our parking locations require a permit.
- There is no through traffic on Convent Avenue from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM weekdays.
- STUDENT PARKING: There is no general day student parking available. Paid Parking may be offered to students with disabilities who have a New York State or NYC issued disabled parking permit or license plate. Click here for Information on New York City and New York State Persons with Disabilities Parking Permits. Evening parking is available for students (see the hours and fees elsewhere on this page)
- Payment for the permits must accompany the application and be made by check, money order or with cash payments at the Bursars Office. Credit cards are not accepted as payment. Bring the original receipt of payment with the application to Public Safety to pick up your permit (see document requirements and our hours of operation elsewhere on this page).
- Requests for permits after the beginning of the permit year will be based on the remaining number of months in the permit year starting with the first day of the month within which the permit is issued.
- Refunds will be based on the remaining whole months in the permit year.
- Permits MUST be clearly displayed on your rear view mirror (it is a removable hang tag). Please remove the hang tag before you drive the vehicle.
- Parking permits are NOT TRANSFERABLE. You cannot lend, give away or sell them. They are for the sole use of the driver and the vehicle(s) listed on the permit application only. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- GUEST PARKING: We have a limited number of guest parking spaces on campus. It is suggested that you email your requests to firstname.lastname@example.org well in advance of the requested date.
OUR PARKING LOCATIONS:
- South Campus Parking Lot; the entrance is at 133rd and Convent Avenue.
- NAC Parking Lot; the entrance is just off Amsterdam Avenue at 135th Street.
- St. Nicholas Terrace on the East side of the street in the designated areas between 140th Street and 134th Street for faculty members with permits . PLEASE READ ALL STREET SIGNS BEFORE YOU PARK. THESE PERMITS ARE LIMITED IN NUMBER AND ONCE THEY ARE GONE NO MORE WILL BE AVAILABLE UNTIL THE NEXT PARKING PERIOD.
PARKING LOT HOURS OF OPERATION:
- The NAC and the South Campus parking lot is available from 6:30 am until 10:30 pm - Monday through Friday.
- Both lots are closed on weekends, Holidays and overnight.
- Parking along St. Nicholas Terrace is authorized by the City of New York from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm Monday through Friday.
TYPES OF PERMITS AND FEES (ALL FEES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE):
Permits are valid for an entire year but they are distributed twice a year (one will be marked July 1 to "December 31" and the other will be marked "January 1 to July 31"). St. Nicholas Terrace permits are dated for an entire year. Paid permits are issued bi-annually to allow you to pay for it in 2 installments.
There are five (5) types of permits:
- General parking permits ($600 a year) are available to all faculty and staff and are good for either the South Campus lot or the NAC lot.
- St. Nicholas Terrace parking permits are free to all faculty (please note that there will be a limited number of St. Nicholas Terrace parking permits available. Faculty may obtain both General and St. Nicholas Terrace parking permits simultaneously).
- Reserved parking permits ($700 a year) are limited to Deans, certain College officers and certain essential service employees ONLY. If a reserved space is not used by 10 am by the permit holder it will be made available to general parking permit holders on a first come first served basis unless the reserved permit holder calls before 10:00 am asking that their space be held.
- Evening parking permits ($300 a year) are available for parking after 3 PM to all faculty, staff and students and are valid in either the South Campus or the NAC lot.
- Motorcycle parking permits ($150 a year) are available to all faculty and staff for the NAC lot.
- There are designated spaces for Faculty, Staff and Students with disabilities in the NAC lot who have either a New York State or NYC issued handicapped parking permit or license plate (NYC issues such permits to residents and non-residents alike). You must also have a valid CCNY parking permit to use these spaces and they cost the same as the regular parking permits listed above. Like all of our spots, these spots are filled on a first come first served basis. You can visit the New York City Department of Transportation's web page for information on parking permits for people with disabilities by clicking here.
DISCOUNTS FOR ENERGY EFFICIENT VEHICLES: A 20% discount will be applied to each form of permit if the permit holder drives an approved fuel-efficient vehicle (Hybrid, Electric or LP). If your vehicle registration doesn't list your vehicle fuel as one of these cars (and most don't) then you will need to provide alternative proof (Fie. take a picture of your license plate near the HYBRID logo on the rear of the car). Contact Parking at (212) 650-7183 for details.
Additional Resources to view and download: NYC Bicycling Rules
Live Parking Information is available Monday to Friday 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM - Call us at (212) 650-7183 or drop by NAC 4/201