The Open Enrollment period for 2015 coverage is November 15, 2014 to February 15, 2015.
If you haven't enrolled in 2015 coverage by February 15, you generally can't buy Marketplace health coverage for 2015 unless you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period.
Deadlines if you have 2014 coverage
- If you were enrolled in a 2014 Marketplace plan, your coverage ended December 31, 2014. This is true no matter when your 2014 coverage began.
- To continue health coverage in 2015, you can renew your current health plan or choose a new plan through the Marketplace until February 15, 2015.
- You can change plans any time until February 15, even if you were automatically enrolled in a plan and that coverage has already begun. Change plans by the 15th of the month and your coverage begins the first day of the next month.
2015 enrollment and coverage start dates
- November 15, 2014: 2015 Open Enrollment started
- December 31, 2014: Coverage ended for all 2014 Marketplace plans
- January 1, 2015: 2015 coverage could have begun
- February 15, 2015: 2015 Open Enrollment ends. Enroll by this date and coverage can begin as soon as March 1. After this date, you can enroll in or change plans for 2015 only if you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period.