Study Abroad Programs at City College
Welcome to The CCNY Office of Study Abroad & International Programs
Advising hours - Spring 2014
M: 9:00pm - 5:00pm / T: 9:00pm - 6:00pm / W: 9:00pm - 6:00pm / Th: 9:00pm - 5:00pm / F: 9:00am - 5:00pm
The City College of New York has a variety of opportunities that run from semester-long programs in Europe, to short-term programs during the winter and summer sessions in various locations throughout the world. CCNY also offers International Service-Learning programs through which students intern in countries with communities in need that can offer an enriching environment of collaboration. Some of these programs offer homestays with host families, and field trips to places of historical and cultural interest. All of them give you the opportunity to earn academic credit for offered courses, or for research and experiential learning.
Study Abroad Announcements
ATTENTION: Starting Fall 2013, all CCNY students who want to participate in any CUNY or non-CUNY study-abroad program MUST file the CCNY Study Abroad Permit before departure. The Permit can no longer be filed retroactively. Student who fail to file the Permit before departure will not be eligible to transfer credits earned during the study-abroad program upon return.
- The application deadline for all CCNY Summer 2014 programs will be Friday, April 18th , 2014.
- Spring applications for the CCNY-PUC Rio, Brazil Exchange are due Thursday, May 15th, 2014. Please speak with a study abroad advisor.
- Get to know your study abroad advisors: Ms. Ninive Gomez, Assistant Director, and Steven Gonzalez, Program Advisor are here to help you with any questions you may have regarding exciting opportunities overseas. Never hesitate to contact them.
- There are extended office hours until 6:00pm on both Tuesdays and Wednesday during the SPRING 2014 semester for your convenience.
Upcoming Study Abroad Scholarship Opportunities
- SIROCS International Scholarship applications are due March 17th, 2014
- Find information on applications for the Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship for Fall 2014
- The Whitaker International Undergraduate Scholarships for Biomedical Engineering majors who study abroad: For the Fall/Academic year cycle, applications must be completed and submitted electronically by Tuesday, March 11, 2014.
- For more information on funding opportunities, please visit www.StudyAbroadFunding.org.