Study Abroad Programs at City College
Welcome to The CCNY Office of Study Abroad & International Programs
Advising hours by appointment - Fall 2013
M: 1:00pm - 6:00pm / T: 1:00pm - 6:00pm / W: 1:00pm - 5:00pm / Th: 1:00pm - 5:00pm / F: 9:00am - 2:00pm
The City College of New York has a variety of opportunities that run from semester-long programs in Europe, to short-term programs during the winter and summer sessions in various locations throughout the world. CCNY also offers International Service-Learning programs through which students intern in countries with communities in need that can offer an enriching environment of collaboration. Some of these programs offer homestays with host families, and field trips to places of historical and cultural interest. All of them give you the opportunity to earn academic credit for offered courses, or for research and experiential learning.
Study Abroad Announcements
ATTENTION: Starting Fall 2013, all CCNY students who want to participate in any CUNY or non-CUNY study-abroad program MUST file the CCNY Study Abroad Permit before departure. The Permit can no longer be filed retroactively. Student who fail to file the Permit before departure will not be eligible to transfer credits earned during the study-abroad program upon return.
- The application deadline for all CCNY Winter 2013-2014 programs will be Thursday, November 7th, 2013.
- Spring applications for the CCNY-PUC Rio, Brazil Exchange are due Friday, October 11th, 2013. Please speak with a study abroad advisor.
- CCNY is proud to announce its membership in the Global E3 consortium, a new semester exchange program for engineering and computer science majors in 17 countries throughout the world. The CCNY campus deadline to apply for Spring participation in the Global E3 Exchange Program will be FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 20, 2013.
- Get to know your study abroad advisors: Ms. Ninive Gomez, Program Manager, is here to help you with any questions you may have regarding exciting opportunities overseas. Never hesitate to contact them.
- There are extended office hours until 6:00pm from Monday to Wednesday during the Fall 2013 semester for your convenience.
Upcoming Study Abroad Scholarship Opportunities
- CUNY STOCS Award for winter programs will be announced soon. Deadline: Tuesday, October 8th, 2013.
- Spring applications for the Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship are due October 1, 2013 at 11:59pm.
- The application for the Summer 2014 Critical Language Scholarship Program will open in mid-September, 2013, and will be due on November 15th, 2013.
- The Whitaker International Undergraduate Scholarships for Biomedical Engineering majors who study abroad: For the Spring term, applications must be completed and submitted electronically by the third Tuesday in October (October 15). The application for Spring is now open. For the Fall/Academic year cycle, applications must be completed and submitted electronically by Tuesday, March 11, 2014 (Fall/Academic Year application not yet available).
- The application for all NSEP/Boren Awards will be due on Monday, January 27th, 2014. All applicants must meet with a study abroad advisor.
- For more information on funding opportunities, please visit www.StudyAbroadFunding.org.