Welcome to The CCNY Office of Study Abroad & International Programs
The City College of New York has a variety of opportunities that run from semester-long programs to short-term programs during the fall, winter, spring and summer sessions in various locations throughout the world. CCNY also offers International Service-Learning programs through which students intern in countries with communities in need that can offer an enriching environment of collaboration. Some of these programs offer homestays with host families, and field trips to places of historical and cultural interest. All of them give you the opportunity to earn academic credit for offered courses, or for research and experiential learning.
CUNY-Wide Policies On Traveling Abroad
The CCNY Office of Study Abroad & International Programs' main goal is to offer CCNY students the opportunity to grow both academically and personally through a formative experience abroad within a supportive, professional and safe environment. Study abroad, exchanges, class trips, internships, and site visits are all wonderful ways of internationalizing curricula at the College. Such activities are encouraged while always maintaining best practices that are now standard in international education.
The staff at the Office of Study Abroad & International Programs not only helps advise students, but also faculty members who become engaged in international education programing through the College. The Office should be considered as the main resource on campus for designing, managing, and assessing international programs of any nature – be it for academic credit or not. Any manner of international travel with students of the College requires the proper documentation and approval.
The program or trip director/leader must provide a comprehensive itinerary to the Office. All participants must sign the CUNY Waiver & Release Agreement, which details appropriate behavior and individual accountability according to a host country's laws while on the trip. This document is irreplaceable as it clarifies any question of liability issues between all participants and CUNY. All participants must be enrolled for international health insurance through the duration of travel. CUNY has an account with CISI and enrollment is managed by the CCNY Office of Study Abroad and International Programs. All participants complete the Emergency Contacts Form, which allows the College to notify those listed in case it were necessary. FERPA regulations would prevent us from doing so without the Form and the participant's approval.
Study Abroad Announcements
ATTENTION: CCNY students who want to participate in any CUNY or non-CUNY study-abroad program MUST file the CCNY Study Abroad Permit before departure.The Permit can no longer be filed retroactively. Students who fail to file the Permit before departure will not be eligible to transfer credits earned during the study-abroad program upon return.
All CCNY students applying to Study Abroad program at a different CUNY school must file for an "e-permit" online using CUNYfirst. After the "e-permit" is filed online, you must meet with a CCNY Study Abrod Advisor to get your "e-permit" approved.
- Ready to spend your winter break in another country while earning academic credits? The application deadline for winter 2020 is Tuesday, October 29th, 2019 and for summer 2019 is Friday, April 26th, 2019.
- Get to know your study abroad advisor: Ms. Ninive Gomez, Associate Director available to help you with any questions you may have regarding exciting opportunities overseas!
Upcoming Study Abroad Scholarship Opportunities
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship
- Freeman-ASIA Scholarship
- Chancellor's Global Scholarship (NEW)
- The Whitaker International Undergraduate Scholarships for Biomedical Engineering majors who study abroad.
- Visit the CUNY Study Abroad page for more scholarship opportunities.
- Visit CUNY's Scholarships and Fellowships page.
- For more information on funding opportunities, please visit www.StudyAbroadFunding.org.
- Scholarship database is available through PIVOT Funding Search. Click here for instructions on how to create an account.
Dean Juan Carlos Mercado, Director
P: 212.925.6625 x246 or 212.650.8683
Ninive Gomez, Associate Director
North Academic Center
160 Convent Avenue
New York, NY 10031 USA